AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Nevaeh Publishing

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Nevaeh Publishing

Are they legit? I can't seem to find anything on them.

Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
    I checked out their website. This would be a bit of a red flag for me.

Please note that Nevaeh Publishing does not guarantee that your title will sit on the bookshelves of every bookstore in the United States. However, your title will be listed in Books In Print, and will be available through Ingram Book Group and Baker & Taylor distributors. All titles are available in the United States, as well as in the United Kingdom.

Although Nevaeh Publishing has an in-house publicity department, as the author, it is your responsibility to promote, schedule book signings and spread the word about your book.
    Aren't Ingram and Baker & Taylor wholesalers, rather than distributors?

Nevaeh Publishing also offers a vanity publishing option for books they don't accept, where the minimum purchase is 500 books (except they refer to it as self-publishing).
    Sleeping Beauty-inspired m/m romance : Editing.

permaflounced
    Take it from a small-press experienced type: "listed in" and "available through" does not mean your books make it into bookstores. All my titles are technically distributed this way, and if a customer demands B&N or Borders special-order, they can. Doesn't mean they will ever order more than that one copy.

YMMV. Things are changing all the time, and what was standard procedure two years ago may not be anymore.

The desert of S. California and the coast of N. Ireland.
    Adding link

Their executive editor appears to teach writing as her main source of income but claims no professional editing experience.

The founder has one book with Authorhouse, one with iUniverse, and one with Publish America. That said, she does have one out with Urban Books (Urban Christian) and another being released in November of this year.

They claim to have a proven track record but thatís rather impossible since they only have three books out. Two of which were written by the founder. The fourth book (also written by the founder) is being sold on their site but itís her PA book. (Go figure) The fifth book (also by the founder) hasnít been released yet. Beginning to see a pattern here?

They donít have any distribution (Ingram and B&T are wholesalers) and they make it clear they wonít be doing any marketing, although they claim to have a marketing staff. What that staff does (if it actually exists) is anyoneís guess.

IMO, itís another startup by a writer who has started a little publishing venture to print up her books that arenít accepted elsewhere and sheís hoping to make a little extra cash from her vanity/publishing arm.

Iíd pass on this one.
    "This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." Sigmund Freud (about the Irish)

"Opera singers have resonance where their brains ought to be." Anna Russell

practical experience, FTW LadyLex's Avatar
    Thannks for the information. I was looking at this press. I think I will pass on this one.
    LadyLex

A Gentleman of a refined age... thothguard51's Avatar
    Why do I want to equate the name of the company with...never, as in your book will never see the inside of a book store...?
    Knowledge is learned while wisdom is earned.

Currently working on...

From, The Tales of Netherron,
    Book 1, A Game of Pawns
    Book 2, Pawn takes Queen,
    Book 3, Pawn's Gambit,

In the pipeline,
    Children of Netherron, follow up trilogy
    Guardians of Netherron, prequel trilogy

http://nickanthony51.wordpress.com (on hiatus)

Nick Anthony

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Site hasn't been updated since last books were released in '12. Unless someone's had recent contact with them, I'm writing them off.

ETA: Did put out a couple more books in '15, but all pages 'cept Smashwords are gone.
    Last edited by CaoPaux; 05-03-2016 at 11:50 PM. Reason: updating w/o bumping
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: