Must kick the habit

Letsplaydressup

Registered
Reaction score
Ok, I have a serious addiction issue. I picked up one of JR Ward's black dagger brotherhood books and read it. I am not into paranormal romances by a long shot, but I needed some bathroom material and it was on a pile of books I gathered from the local used store.
Well....now....I have a serious problem. I can't put them down. Not only have I gone and bought all of them, I have read all of them, not once, not twice, but three times. I have tried in earnest to get into another series and failed. I keep going back, picking up her books and reading them over-and-over-and-over again.
I must say that the publisher really did an unjustice with the cover, had the cover reflected the book I would have fallen into this series LONG before now. But everytime I looked a the cover, all I saw was "romance" boy howdy was I wrong.
So, here is my problem.
Now when I try to read anything else it just doesn't measure up. I need some new material, I need to wean myself off these books, but I am in absolute love with the style they are written in, the story, the action, the turmoil oh yes and the action again....
Can anyone out there recommend another writer who is as satisfying to vocabulary gluttony as JR Ward....I really need to find another series to help feed my addiction....
Has anyone else read her books and can suggest an author with a similar serated edge style?