PA Under Siege

Prozyan

Are you one, Herbert?
Registered
Reaction score
What I intend to do is Republish My Book "EXODUS 2020" with a new Publisher

Pretty sure there isn't a publisher that will touch this now, especially if you haven't been released from your PA contract.

cethklein

Registered
Reaction score
This is part of the genius that is PA's contract. They openly admit they only sell to authors in court, but they know the type of people who are their "customers" will blindly believe otherwise.

They're like Scientology, they know that everyone on the outside can clearly see it's a scam, but they also know that the people on the outside aren't their targeted customer base. Only those already under their spell matter and those people are firmly under their control. Any dissenters are quickly snuffed out.

CatSlave

Mah tale iz draggin.
Registered
Reaction score
So Ryan is most likely connected to Hellocopter.org, Meiners' so-called 'charitable' organization that uses funds -supposedly gained through PA- to travel via helicopter around the world.
I would like to correct the above conjecture.

Reliable sources tell me that Ryan is no longer with PA and is working for a legitimate charitable organization.
I applaud him for escaping the PA cult.

But I stand on my original view, that trying to prove fraud by PA by whoever signs the contracts is a waste of time and energy.

Find something for the IRS to get their teeth into.
There must be something.

John W. DeVore

Registered
Reaction score
I would like to correct the above conjecture.

Find something for the IRS to get their teeth into.
There must be something.

If, as I have cause by law to believe, PA-LLLP is not duly and lawfully established, and it has been a false front for PA Inc. since 2002, the IRS has plenty of flesh to grip in its green teeth.

The tax requirements are very different for a corporation than they are for a Partnership, such as LLLP.

That would mean that PA Inc has been falsely hiding income under an LLLP (Partnership) that does not legally exist all those years and would be liable for back taxes, interest and penalties, as a minimum.

The officers of that organization who knowingly and intentionally used that false front to conceal their actual tax liability, could very easily be subject to some time in Federal Prison for tax evasion and fraud against the IRS.

This is so obvious that I'm a little surprised that the IRS has not yet found and used it. PA could be liabled for hundreds of thousands in back taxes.

And if they prove PA-LLLP void, then all their contracts from 2002 are void as well.

John D.

Last edited:

John W. DeVore

Registered
Reaction score
PA has the publishing rights for seven years, until and unless the contract is canceled.

--Ken
If they want to sue me for printing my own book, wonderful, It would be a new opportunity for me. One thing I will say with great confidence. PA does not want to risk exposing themselves to an honest court.

John D.

John W. DeVore

Registered
Reaction score
What Ken said. It's not your book anymore; it's theirs. That's what you agreed to in writing.

They only mentioned the Publishing Rights in their pretended contract. It is quite apparent that they never exercised those rights.

The Copy Rights remain my own. I can copy my own book as many times as I like, anywhere I want. They cannot control that. Neither can they prevent me from privately selling my own book because they have already told me to do it.

In fact they sent me another "great offer" with "free shipping" this week, for books they want me to sell.

It's still my book, and I am not obligated to purchase printings from them.

John D.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
But by signing the contract, you've given them rights of first publication. AFAIK, that means you have to wait 7 years for the rights to revert back to you. Unless they let you out of your contract, you legally have no right to print and distribute that same material. Their contract may weigh heavily in their favor, but it's still a legally binding agreement. No offense, but you claiming it pretend doesn't legally make it so, AFAIK.

I could be wrong about that, since I'm not an expert on contracts by any means - but I'd be surprised.

JulieB

I grow my own catnip
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not a lawyer (nor do I play one on TV*) but Jersey Girl is right - at least my own experience bears that out. Last contract I signed stated that while I held the copyright, publication rights would revert back to me after a specified period. In other words, by signing the contract I allowed the publisher certain rights for a certain amount of time. They get those rights exclusively.

You might want to find an attorney versed in IP law. He or she can tell you what rights you DO have. You should be able to exploit any rights you do have, but again, please have a qualified attorney look over the contract and advise you.

(*But as I've said many times before, Alan Shore can come sit on my patio and have a drink anytime. [grin])

Last edited:

John W. DeVore

Registered
Reaction score
But by signing the contract, you've given them rights of first publication. AFAIK, that means you have to wait 7 years for the rights to revert back to you. Unless they let you out of your contract, you legally have no right to print and distribute that same material. Their contract may weigh heavily in their favor, but it's still a legally binding agreement. No offense, but you claiming it pretend doesn't legally make it so, AFAIK.

I could be wrong about that, since I'm not an expert on contracts by any means - but I'd be surprised.

The point is I can have my book printed and I can sell it to anyone I want because they in effect returned my publishing rights the moment they asked me to sell the books.

Their option is to attempt to force me to pay them royalties on the books I obtain and sell from any other source. They carefully included the stipulation that the Copy Rights remain with the Author. Copy Rights are the right to select a printer and contract to have the book copied and printed.

When they told me to sell the books they essentially surrendered the Publishing rights.

That is known as a LEGAL THEORY. I intend to act upon that theory and see what PA will do. I betcha they won't do nothin. Anyone wanna bet?

Our perceptions of things may cause us to feel like slaves, but the Truth shall set us free.

In any case I have absolutely nothing whatsoever to loose by trying this theory and watching the rats in PA to see what they will do.

John D.

JulieB

I grow my own catnip
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah it's a theory - one you're most likely going to have to prove in court.

Yes, you do have something to lose - everything you have.

Please, find a lawyer who knows Intellectual Property law.

John W. DeVore

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah it's a theory - one you're most likely going to have to prove in court.

Yes, you do have something to lose - everything you have.

Please, find a lawyer who knows Intellectual Property law.

People who can hire attorneys may have something to loose, but as I said I have Nothing.

Thank you for your obvious Christian concern.

Nothing would be more advantageous for me than to prove in court that PA is a Fraud and a Scam from the beginning.

They will necessarily enter their Complaint in a Federal Court, under the Diversity statute.

They will have to alledge losses in excess of, ... I think its up to $20,000.00 ... now, just to get into the court.

I will never have to set foot in Maryland to fight them, I can do it from a cave in the Appalacians, with a satallite ready lap top.

And I should tell you that I have fought a number of cases in Federal Courts and I have never been defeated. That by the way includes at least four cases against the IRS.

I know that sounds like a brag, but it is intended to indicate that the Rats will not find it easy to gain a single penny from me. And it could cost them thousands of dollars.

I do not fear these theives. I know the truth, about them and I will pursue their destruction from every angle I can find. If I happen to get a Federal Judge who is not soft on Interstate Fraud, the PA Robbers will eventually necessarily loose and maybe go to jail.

At any rate, I hope those theiving rascals at PA read these postings along with every new author seeking a legitimate publisher.

John D.

Afinerosesheis

The One and Only Romantiac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I wish you the best of luck, although I think (MHO) you're grasping at straws. I also am thoroughly sick of receiving the solicitation e-mails twice, sometimes three times a month. It's getting worse all the time. There's something definitely wrong with that.

ResearchGuy

Resident Curmudgeon
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.umbachconsulting.com
. . .Copy Rights are the right to select a printer and contract to have the book copied and printed. . . .
You signed away publishing rights, not copyright. There is a difference. (I do not know what "Copy Rights" would be.)

Folks have given their best advice. No one can make you take it.

--Ken

John W. DeVore

Registered
Reaction score
You signed away publishing rights, not copyright. There is a difference. (I do not know what "Copy Rights" would be.)

Folks have given their best advice. No one can make you take it.

--Ken

I appreciate all their willingness to share and their concern for a fellow American. I am constrained by my own circumstances to view this matter in a particular light. I know that I have no economic power, and no political power. I also am very familiar with the bias of the judiciary in this country. In particular the more than merely frequent bias in favor of fellow attorneys and more particularly, fellow masons.

I understand that most people have not the same experience with the current judicialry that I have. I admit it was for a long time my own paticular wish to avoid issues at law. But, I have been involved with litigation since 1990, in both state and federal courts. I have helped many people to solve legal problems primarily involved with debt, family and tax issues. I have also seen the bias I mentioned in many of those cases. It so happens that this case is not the first that has been railroaded by Makemson, in my experience, due to masonic connections and other corruptions.

There is definitely a difference between Copy Rights and Publishing Rights, or PA would never have made that distinction in their contract. It is no doubt a matter that could be reviewed by a competent court, but my own theory is that Publishing is primarily an activity related to marketing, where Copying is obviously an activity related to printing and binding.

This theory may be supported by the fact that PA does not itself print and bind the books it sells. It takes the privilege of hiring Lightening Source to do the actual work. All PA does is sell the books to the Authors at exhorbitant prices, for resale at even more outrageous prices.

If my theory is correct, My Copy Rights are not affected by PA's claimed Publishing Rights. That means I can hire whoever I wish to Print and Bind my books and since PA has already on numerous occassions requested that I take the right to market (Publish) the books, they will have no basis for any claim agianst me for royalties, because they did not Publish the Work. They forced me to Publish my own book, which I ignorantly paid them three times the market value for Printing and Binding, which they actually didn't even do, but contracted out.

The legal essence of PA's relationship to myself then becomes that of an agent paid exorbitant fees to contract a Printer for me. I feel very confident that I can prove by their constant requests that I purchase more of my own books to Sell from them, that they have effectively repudiated the Publishing Rights they pretended to obtain by their corrupt contract. They have also admitted by their so called Royalty Statements that they have never sold a single copy of my book to anyone but me.

John D.

Last edited:

Prozyan

Are you one, Herbert?
Registered
Reaction score
Copy Rights

Are you just making up some right?

If you want to test your theory and publish the same book elsewhere, PA will sue you and win.

Simple as that.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
From what I understand (again, if I'm wrong, someone please correct me) but copyright is simply who owns the work. PA giving you copyright (as is only right) means you own the story, the characters, et al.

Publishing Rights, are entirely different. What that means is that you entered into (for lack of better words) an agreement (a signed contract, legally enforcible) giving PA permission to publish your story in book form for a period of seven years. When that time period is up, the rights can revert back to you, but any subsequent publication will be reprints.

By signing that contract. you agreed to give PA First Rights. For seven years. There is no way out of this unless PA releases you from your contract. Because if you do try to have this published by someone else (and I don't know - would a vanity press take a book that is under contract to another company? My common sense tells me no, but it's not always right) and PA sues you, they will win and, as much as it kills me to say this, they should. Until this book is free and clear, it legally can't be published by anyone other than PA.

Now, I'm not a lawyer, so I could be wrong. But I don't think so...