• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Bunch Literary Agency (Mads Bunch)

Peachnuts

Registered
Reaction score
Website
insidemyoyster.blogspot.com
Hello there,
I'm a newby and did a rather rookie thing while querying and submitted to a new agent who, from what I can now tell, has not agented any publishings yet. I can't find much info on him except from his web page which is at this link:

http://www.mjbunch.com/
His name is Mads Bunch.

So he's if he asks for a partial... what do you expereinced guys think?

a) everyone needs to start somewhere, go for it
b) red flag, back away

Thanks so much,
Rookie

Last edited:

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Major red flag. Back away slowly, but be prepared to run.

His specialty is teaching Danish literature and he's written conference papers. That in no way prepares you to be a literary agent. You would do just as well to submit novels yourself as to hand it over to him. They go in the same slush.

Welcome to AW. Now you've found out how to check out agents before submitting. Check here, QueryTracker, P&E.

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
I wouldn't want this guy editing my manuscript.

If you are accepted as a client at Bunch Literary Agency, the editiorial process will begin. That means that the writer together with the literary agent, re-works the manuscript, in order to make it ready for submission to a publishing house.

The Literary Agent will then place the work at a pusblishing house, that fits the profile of the publication.

Most of the bigger publishing houses, do not accept un-solicited manuscripts and will only read manuscripts submitted by a literary agent.

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
I just can't shake the feeling that he might be my only shot.

But he's NOT a shot. He is not an agent, no matter that he think it would be nifty if he was one and would like to call himself one. He has no connections, he has made no sales, he will not know to whom your work should be submitted and they will afford it no special attention if he does find someone to submit it to. And if someone makes an offer, he will neither understand the offer or now how to negotiate it effectively.

If you think your work isn't good enough yet to interest a real agent--which is essentially what you're admitting by saying you think he's your only shot--stick around, and we'll help you polish it until it IS good enough or we'll help you learn how to query effectively and stop feeling so down about your work. :)

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
One client, one sale. The domain is set to expire in April; we shall see if it renews.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Nope, it's gone.