• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Oshun Literary / Oshun Publishing Co. (Karen Quinones Miller)

honeycomb

Caroline
Registered
Reaction score
Karen E. Quinones Miller

Hi all,

I just got a request from Karen E. Quinones Miller for my full manuscript. Keep your fingers crossed.

If anyone has ever worked with her can you shed some insight. I am a fan of her books, but I don't know much about her as an agent except that she used to work for Liza Dawson.

Thx

Quincunxes

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know she was an agent at all. Just knew she was an author. Don't have any insight. Have you tried the agents that have been agents only for a while?

honeycomb

Caroline
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know she was an agent at all. Just knew she was an author. Don't have any insight. Have you tried the agents that have been agents only for a while?

Actually, she is the first agent. She's primarily interested in African American stories. I didn't know she was agenting either, but I read that she was once a member of the Liza Dawson agency.

Keep your fingers crossed.

honeycomb

Caroline
Registered
Reaction score
I've sent my ms to her, and afterwards I found out about SYW. Well, guess what? The ms sucks, so I've revised and am making edits.

What are your suggestions for me?
- Should I send her a note and say, this thing sucks please allow a resub
- Should I just wait for her to say it sucks, and I can't offer rep
- Should I just wait for her to say it sucks, I can't offer rep, and then beg her to let me resub

And not only her, what about other agents that I've queried with the "sucky" ms?

BTW, here's why I submitted the "you suck" ms. I'm a new writer, and I finished the ms in about a month, revised, edited, got feedback from friends, and then started submitting. After having it reviewed by SYW, I realized in "sucked" so bad that it could have vacuumed my curtains off the rod. But anyway, I think it's going from "suck" to "sweet". Thanks to the help of my critters.

Any suggestions?

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
I could have sworn there was a thread for this agency, but I've searched and searched and can't find it. Ugh!

Anyway, anybody have any info? I heard about her a while back, but my google searches now seem to turn up more info on Oshun Publishing and very little/nothing at all on Oshun Literary. I believe Ms. Miller is an author herself and at one point worked for an agency, but I don't know anything beyond that.

(No, it's not for me, so don't worry about telling me not to submit to an agent I don't know anything about. Trust me, I know that, I already have an agent I'm very happy with. :) )

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
Yeah, that's what it looked like to me too, Cao. The person I'm doing this for says she's gotten emails when books have been released, so the agency is making sales, but I haven't heard back yet on who the publishers are.

Oh, and thanks, lol, glad to know I wasn't imagining things!

DoomieBey

Registered
Reaction score
Oshun Publishing

Hey,

Has anyone ever attended a writer's workshop ran by Ms karen Quinones Miller of Oshun Publishing? They're usually held in Philadelphia, PA.

A friend invited me to go with her, but I'm aware that there are diffeernt kinds of workshops for different aspects of publishing and writing.

Thanks a bunch,

Doomie