• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Melville House Publishing

Donna Pudick

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about these folks? They are supposedly humor publishers and quite new.
DP

Last edited:

Sakamonda

Registered
Reaction score
they appear to be a legitimate independent publisher. Their International Rights page indicates they have relationships with all the major foreign rights agencies in other countries (a good sign that they know what they are doing).

Donna Pudick

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Yes, I see them, now. Despite the drollery on their submissions page, they seem to publish mostly literary and cerebral stuff. Looks legit, though.

DP

herdon

What's up?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ipad.about.com
A new publisher with a website that comes right out of 1992? Who'd have thunk it.

It's also interesting that their submissions page says they accept all fiction (i.e. I have a teen sci-fi vampire thriller erotic romantic comedy written entirely in text speech -- and they'll accept that one!) and the top of the page seems geared more toward that literary stuff.

I guess there is a reason they have too many submissions.

Sakamonda

Registered
Reaction score
an awkward website doesn't mean they don't know how to sell/distribute books. If they have relationships with every major foreign rights agent in almost every foreign market (which they do) it indicates they have very good distribution. (And most people don't buy books from publishers' websites, rather from bookstores.)