First act sent to neo art and logic

bobdole

Registered
Reaction score
Yo guys, what up?

I'm just here to brag about the fact that I got one of my script in the hands of some guy at Neo art and logic, the prodco of Dracula 2000, Phantoms, The prophecy and other pretty big budget movies.

It's kinda tough to go to work tomorrow and wait for days or weeks for a response while he reads the script. God! I hope he likes it because a 20 million dollar movie equals a cool million in my pockets. hehehe! At least, I hope that's what it means.

All right guys. Have a good day.

Last edited:

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I almost forgot, Bob.

Here is the schedule of minimums, it gives you a ball park figure of the minimum you'd be paid if they are a WGA company and end up buying your script.

http://wga.org/uploadedFiles/writers_resources/contracts/min2008.pdf

It's a great resource.

ETA: So the 20 mil budget would fall in the high budget catagory and the minimum would be around 100k.

Last edited:

bobdole

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks a lot ice. I'm gonna read it.

bob

bobdole

Registered
Reaction score
"It's not my kind of humor." That's what he said. That's just great. You think with Superbad being huge and everything that people could be open for other stuff but apparently not.

bobdole

Registered
Reaction score
I guess having as many f. words as pulp fiction in 100 pages probably didn't make an old fart feel to secure there. This sucks.

krano

Registered
Reaction score
was he anymore specific?

also, if you feel comfortable with it, post some pages in SYW for other opinions.

Last edited:

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
Each person has their own tastes, you can't control that, and you can't control what people are looking for. Pick up the pieces and move onto the next one. You're just getting started. If this has gotten you wrapped up in knots, take a few days away from it all and find out if it's worth it for you.

Chances are good you'll never sell anything, these are the chances every writer faces. It takes a lot to stay in this business and tough it out with no promise of seeing anything from it.

Good luck, it's rough out there.

IsItFunny

Registered
Reaction score
If you do decide to let some people read a few pages, then I'll volunteer. Im always up for a good comedy read.

bobdole

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not exactly in the mood for reviews these days. Sorry.

zagoraz

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Bob,

You can't let this one rejection affect you so much if you want to survive the ridiculous highs and lows (most of them are lows) of being a screenwriter. Rejection is just part of it. It happens to everyone, every day, over and over again. Yeah, the first one hurts. But the fifth one hurts a little less, and by the time you get your 30th, you're a pro at being rejected. And you never know, the 31st person to read your script might be the agent you never knew you were going to get.

It's a numbers game, and the more irons you have in the fire, the better. You can't live and die on the decision of one person who may have just had a bad day when he happened to look at your script. The rejection may have more to do with what he or she ate for lunch. I'm being serious here.

So suck it up and move on. No matter what they tell you, it's not going to happen overnight.

Best of luck to you!

creativexec

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
It sounds like you wrote a comedy, and NEO ART & LOGIC is not known for doing comedies. Most of their work is in the horror genre. So, it seems like a mismatch to start.

bobdole

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the support guys. It kinda sucks but I'll get over it. bob