• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

James Literary Agency (Jonathan James)

stormcat

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know anything about the agency below and what the complaints might have been about?

James Literary Agency: A literary agency. Located in Chicago, IL. Query by email only. P&E has received several complaints concerning this agent

Thanks,

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I'd email P&E and ask. In the meantime, perhaps the bigger question is what has he sold.

alexalex

Registered
Reaction score
I received an uncalled for inappropriate response to my query letter. IMO, this guy comes across as mentally imbalanced.

Pilgrim27

Registered
Reaction score
Jonathon James

This guy is a disgrace. He should not have the privilige to have a foot in the Literary Business.

I sent him a simple query regarding submission and instead of a polite or normal rejection, he arrogantly replies with an insult. Then proceeds to insult back after I thank him for his time.

This guy is a joke and gives literary agents a bad name. Unprofessional and ill mannered. His name is Jonathon James and should be greatly AVOIDED by any author, published or not!

Last edited:

charlys

new author
Registered
Reaction score
He must be one of those dumber than a fifth grader types. Glad I didn't send him a query as I would have told him where to put his insults on a simple, professional query. Stay away from him - maybe he's got dementia?

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
It would be useful if people reported their experiences and gave a little more background and detail than has so far been supplied. It would be far more constructive than name-calling and insulting the agent concerned.

frandavea

Registered
Reaction score
It would be useful if people reported their experiences and gave a little more background and detail than has so far been supplied. It would be far more constructive than name-calling and insulting the agent concerned.

Yeah, it would be cool to hear specifically what this guy said. Any chance of posting these insulting responses?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Regardless, still no sign of sales (or recent activity, for that matter).