• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Steinberg Agency (Peter Steinberg)

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I heard back from him six days after I sent him my full.

And now he's my agent.

guptatomic

Registered
Reaction score
clearly they're stuck in some alt universe time warp/ thanks, karo...

Marika

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, did any of you hear back from them? They've had my full for four months and I haven't heard a word.

FROBONICUS

Registered
Reaction score
Three months and counting on a full. Might as well wait another couple months before following up, judging by the comments here.

Miss Plum

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I got a request for my manu via email, saying they'll get back to me with a decision w/in 6-8 weeks.

It was interesting, because the request appeared to be form in nature. I've seen my share of form rejections, but never a form request.
HA, I just posted this same experience with Steinberg in another thread. I'll let you know how it goes, and I'm not too sanguine, for reasons I'll explain when I get a response (if I ever do).

FROBONICUS

Registered
Reaction score
Garsh, now it's five months and counting on a full.
Anyone who's had experience with this guy think it's time to nudge?

Miss Plum

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I'd nudge, expect nothing, and nudge again at the one-year mark. Fun to think that far ahead, isn't it?

Hoovlette

Mommy of Two (Soon-to-be three)
Registered
Reaction score
Did anyone ever hear back from them on their fulls? I don't have anything out to them - I was just doing background checks and was curious! LOL

AlishaS

Is swimming with creativity frogs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.averyolive.blogspot.com
I see this agency has some good and bad things, curious like the above poster if anyone ever heard back on their fulls.

I e-queried Peter on January 5 and got a full request today the 11th.

Marika

Registered
Reaction score
I queried a YA novel on 10/6/09 and got a request for a full, which I sent on 10/08/09. I nudged a couple of times and never got a response. So I just recorded it as a no response means no.

Hope that helps, AlishaS.

Celandine

Registered
Reaction score
I had a request for a full in mid-March 2010. Sent it and had a 'Really enjoying this. Will get back to you soon' email from his assistant Lisa less than a week later. Then nothing else until about 3 1/2 months later when I emailed to say I had an offer from another agent. Lisa then apologized that they'd taken so long and said she'd really enjoyed the novel, but could not offer rep. I get the sense that Peter never got around to reading it.

FROBONICUS

Registered
Reaction score
They requested a full last Feb. I nudged in summer after hearing nothing, & they said send it again. Five months later, aint holdin no kinda breath.

AlishaS

Is swimming with creativity frogs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.averyolive.blogspot.com
Okay, so I got a rejection off my full today. It was personal, had great things to say... until it turned into a rejection :(

So, I sent the query January 5th, Full request on January 11th and Full rejection March 31...
In the scheme of things that's not too bad of a wait, and at least I got the rejection instead of a no-response which I see some of you did.

PeteDutcher

Twitter: @petedutcherjr
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com

Here's a thought...resend the full stating that because you have not heard from him, you thought maybe he did not receive it or it got lost in the shuffle.

If nothing else, it might get him to look at it again.

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
I nudged yesterday about the status of a full manuscript that he had requested during a pitch session at a writers' conference in June. (I had emailed it right away.)

Within a couple hours, he sent a very nice note stating he didn't know what happened ad he'd read it right away. (My guess: the email went into the bit bucket somewhere.)

Okay, NOW I'm nervous!

Margarita

Waltzes with Wapitis
Registered
Reaction score
At his request, I snail mailed my query et samples immediately after the Wyoming Writer's conference that June. No response. I'm preparing to send to him a different manuscript and query letter. I've only had strike one with this guy thus far so- excelsior!

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
From PW:

Foundry Literary + Media has hired Peter Steinberg as an agent.

Previously of the Steinberg Agency, Steinberg's clients include Alicia Silverstone (The Kind Diet), Brad Watson (The Heaven of Mercury, a nominee for the National Book Award), and Keith Donohue (The Boy Who Drew Monsters). At Foundry, Steinberg will focus on a broad array of categories, including narrative nonfiction, commercial and literary fiction, health, humor and young adult.