Goodreads

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I just registered....whooohooooooo more online fun!!!

Last edited:

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
disregard my msg on goodreads.....I see now who you are :)

Myasandar

Registered
Reaction score
Good reads is pretty obsessive. I think I've added all my books to it now, more or less. There aren't that many, I've given quite a few away so it seems.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I've had no time to "goodread" cause I've ..... I've. ............... I've been..........
writing!

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spikeo.bravejournal.com
I've had no time to "goodread" cause I've ..... I've. ............... I've been..........
writing!

That's no excuse. Hanging out here or dinking around with a blog, now that's a great excuse for not reading. (Why did that make me sound like a horrible procrastinator?)

Inkdaub

wrapped in plastic
Registered
Reaction score
Past where the river bends, past where the silo st
The best part of goodreads...except my messages from Nancy Pearl and Neil Gaiman...is the 'to be read' section of your booklist. I always look at that thing and never have the blank slate effect while at the shop. I can think of a hundred books I want and the second I walk into the shop my mind goes dark and quiet. But no more!

Myasandar

Registered
Reaction score
The trouble with having a plan when you go into a bookshop, is that you always deviate from that plan.

I rarely actually WANT anything when I go book shopping though. I just like browsing and how is it my fault that I accidentally end up with a book in hand in front of the cashier?

But now I can add it to goodreads, it's become and obsession. Now I want to buy more books just to add it to goodreads! Oh no! *slaps head*

DagnyTaggart

I am a huge fan of goodreads, mostly because I can keep track of what my other friends are reading.

Sometimes I get overwhelmed when I got into to update it though. I feel a lot of pressure to make sure I include every single book I've read... when that shouldn't matter to anyone but me!

jessicaorr

Book fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
I'm on goodreads too. I'm also on LibraryThing (JessicaOrr), which I like a bit better. It has nicer book descriptions and the library collection files can be exported into excel or book collecting programs. I think Goodreads is better for networking though. I don't know... they're both cute.

Last edited:

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
I just got into Goodreads again the other day and added all of my read books, though they've just blocked it again at work *sigh*

LibraryThing looks good too though...

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
I just got into Goodreads again the other day and added all of my read books, though they've just blocked it again at work *sigh*

LibraryThing looks good too though... I think I have an account so might play with that coz it's not blocked at work.

Anyone know how to transfer over collections?

oneblindmouse

The new me
Registered
Reaction score
I've just signed into Goodreads. Looks interesting.