The "Page-A-Day" Club

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
I wrote a page during lunch today, and it only took 20 minutes! This is the first page of my novel. I've yet to finish a novel first draft. Short stories? No problem. Novels? EEEK!

Wish me luck! 1 page down, 399+ to go. :D

darrtwish

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck with that! I still have yet to finish 10 pages today, 4 1/2 to go!

geardrops

Good thing I like my day job
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geardrops.net
Took the last week off. To be fair, I was at ComicCon and planned to take the week off. Tonight, back to work.

skelly

Kickin it old school, posers beware
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
About 300 words on the recorder none of which I've typed into the wip yet....I'm going through a confidence crisis suddenly. That's usually when i write poetry...which I did.

300 words untyped and a poem.

eek!

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
four pages today. Isn't it amazing how easily the words roll out once you tell yourself you only _have_ to do one little page? :)
It is amazing! I couldn't believe it when I had an entire page done quickly. Granted I've quite a bit of dialog in this section. I'm setting up the conflict that isolates my MC which has to happen but it's going fast. :)

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
I was out last night so didn't get to do any writing. I'm hoping to make up for it tonight. Still what I wrote on Sunday kind of makes up for yesterday a bit :D

writersprite

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nonaking.com
edited Searching for Sara chapter 2...stopped by last scene (2 pages) of chapter, wondering if it should be deleted in order to bring down the word total...(currently at 155k)

The Moirai

Reputation Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Yay for having internet again!

I've kept on top of my daily 250 (except for the weekend, which I take off) pretty well, but I'm still frustrated with having to increase the word count of my WIP.

How's everyone today?

Aglaia

Registered
Reaction score
Believe it or not, itchin' to get home and edit some more. Why, oh why!?, does work have to interrupt my writing?
Amen to that! :D

And a woo-to-the-hoo to all of you doing so well! I did nothing yesterday and next to nothing Sunday, so I tried to get back on track today. Though I promised not to revise any of my WIP (since it's a first draft), I lied. I'm a big fat liar-liar-pants-on-fire, and everybody here knows it now! But doing a quick revision of chapters 1 & 2 accomplished two things: I fixed a major character issue, and I re-acquainted myself with the MCs' voices after having taken several days away to work on another project. So, I managed 257 words today in addition to my re-vision quest, but I also got back into the swing and had some new ideas, so all in all, a good day.

Hope everybody else is doing well as well!

Deccydiva

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
I wrote about a page then deleted most of it. I've convinced myself that it's all rubbish, even the completed novel. :cry: I'm going to bed in the hope that tomorrow will be a better day.

matdonna

matushka at large
Registered
Reaction score
Website
rafterssriptorium.blogspot.com
aw, don't cry....:e2cry:.....you did a brave thing. It counts if you wrote it even if you have to cut a lot.....hope tomorrow is better!

I got another four today. Might have to cut some eventually too.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
I wanted to thank skelly again for starting this thread! I feel like the writing habit is slowly taking hold, and I'm having fun in the process. Setting modest goals really does work!

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
Did my page for today. :)

Most of my WIPs seem to fizzle out after a few thousand words, so I wonder if part of the problem is that I write it too quickly. Pacing myself might help, as I then have the rest of the day to let my subconscious work on tomorrow's page.

I've thought of starting this particular WIP for awhile now, so I figure a new project, a new tactic. I've a fairly good idea of what happens next and I think that makes it all the more logical to stop where I am. Won't be starting off tomorrow with a mind as blank as the page, at least.

~DragonHeart~

skelly

Kickin it old school, posers beware
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Well. I missed my page yesterday, due to various fires that apparently only I could put out. But I'm back on track today with about 270. I hate missing, though.

I'm getting a bit wobbly on this wip. The deeper I go the more I suspect that I will have to make some major changes. It is taking every bit of resolve that I have to push forward...and I'm not liking it. I may just proceed as if the changes were made and then come back and fix the front end later.

This is my second real effort at the third draft of this thing, and as before, I am quickly starting to hate it. But there is a part of me that really wants to see this thing through.

I dunno. Got my words, anyway. :)