The World's Longest Book

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So this Mark Leach guy has written a book which he is claiming is the longest novel ever published, Marienbad My Love. 12.6 million words. I think it's ebook published only. I hope so for the trees' sake. He's also claiming
-the world's longest word. Also called "the holy Jah," the 4.4-million-letter noun is a coinage of words from the world's faiths. It means "god within."
-the world's longest sentence (3 million words).
-the world's longest book title (6,700 words).

Books homepage: http://marienbadmylove.com/default.aspx
Press release: http://www.prlog.org/10086581-worlds-longest-novel-keeps-getting-longer.html

I'll quote you the opening paragraph for funsies:

Again I advance across the tragic beaches of this deserted island, footsteps upon sand so profound, so deep, that one perceives no step. Mute beaches, where footsteps are lost. Mute, deserted – footsteps upon sand over which I advance once again. To find you.
What's your take? Brilliant outsider art? Throwing common sense to the wind? Spectacle to break a world record? Mental health concerns?

Deleted member 42

I'll quote you the opening paragraph for funsies:

What's your take? Brilliant outsider art? Throwing common sense to the wind? Spectacle to break a world record? Mental health concerns?

Again I advance across the tragic beaches of this deserted island, footsteps upon sand so profound, so deep, that one perceives no step. Mute beaches, where footsteps are lost. Mute, deserted – footsteps upon sand over which I advance once again. To find you.

Dude opens with "I" then in the same sentence has "that one perceives no step."

Lit fic wannabe with a tin ear.

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score

Hypomania, lots of time on hands, doesn't get out very much, needs more lithium and less bandwidth. /online quack diagnosis

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Just a novelty. Not even as satisfying as my novel tea, which I shall take with a crumpet this very afternoon.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com

A lame attempt to attract attention and nothing more.

That opening paragraph. Holy... and just think, there's only 12,599,957 more words to go.

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
For stuff like this, we need a thread called something like Literary Onanism: Spilling Our Synonyms on the Ground.

Buddikins

Registered
Reaction score
What's the plot??
It'd wanna be bloody brilliant..
And please dont tell me it's all like that^^
Poor bloke.. although he could also claim world's most unreadable novel? Maybe that'd be a comfort

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'd pay good money for a paper copy of this. There's nothing more satisfying than heaving a bad book across the room as you scream in anguish.

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
I'd pay good money for a paper copy of this. There's nothing more satisfying than heaving a bad book across the room as you scream in anguish.

But...COULD you heave it? The damn thing is 48,000 pages! I could barely carry my history textbooks.

Course, you're a big strong man :D

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Sentence one:

Again I advance across the tragic beaches of this deserted island, footsteps upon sand so profound, so deep, that one perceives no step.

Sentence three:

Mute, deserted – footsteps upon sand over which I advance once again.

Not a trace of redundancy there, then. Should be a fun read.

Shar-Jan

Registered
Reaction score
I thought there was that very strange novel series that was discovered in the 70's that came in at much longer than that. If memory serves it was about twelve hermaprodite sisters set in a world of fantasy that had parrallels to the Mongol conquest.