In search of laughter.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
I am in one of my internal modes. This is not a bad thing but, I don't want to be an extreme introvert today. Today, I want to be lighthearted and social.

In order for me to change modes, I require a kick start. Laughter is what I need. Can you help me accomplish this? It won't be difficult considering that I am easily amused.

If you have anything amusing to share such as a joke, comical personal experience, link to something funny on the web or whatever, I'd greatly appreciate it.

While this thread seems to focus only on my laughter needs, the intent is to get it going for anyone in need of lightheartedness.

Please avoid posting any content that is sexually explicit, hate promoting, or violent. This I ask of you personally.

Sincerely,
Gehanna

Kitrianna

Official Bad Cat's Prez
Registered
Reaction score
In one of THOSE moods. Look out people, no one is
photo.jsp

This should give ya a giggle at least :D

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
LOL!! That certainly is one way to avoid extra pounds!

Sincerely,
Gehanna

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
okay--this is small town humor--quirky but true. we have only one cafe in my town. it is in a house and is called edna's place. the kitchen is a kitchen and the dining and living rooms are the eatery--filled w/ tables and chairs. off the living room there is also a back porch that has been converted to dining space.

edna--the cook/owner is a great old gal--the classic diner diva--gruff but golden hearted. everyone in town loves her and her burgers BUT she is getting up there in years. when the place is packed for lunchtime, as it usually is, the service suffers. customers are used to waiting a half hour or more but after an hour we just quietly exit out the back porch door. that way edna won't see us leave and get her feelings hurt. ---s6

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Well, yesterday I radioed the facilities manager - to ask him if he had a radio. (He said "Nope," BTW.) Yup, even brunettes have blonde moments....

At least I caught myself before sending out a note that said: "This is a test of the new distribution list. if for some reason you do not receive this message, please let me know."

I really, really don't do Mondays well.

JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
In the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable e
Website
destinydeceived.wordpress.com
Yup, even brunettes have blonde moments....
My sister always says she so blonde she got the colour wrong. :D

As for laughs, modesty prevents me from pointing out the little linky in my sig marked 'Destiny Deceived', which would lead you to a certain little ongoing comedy fantasy story of mine.

oops. ;)

Kitrianna

Official Bad Cat's Prez
Registered
Reaction score
In one of THOSE moods. Look out people, no one is
I told Kthrok about the hunt for laughter and he recommended some jokes, but I'm pretty certain that their content is questionable so I have already thrown them out. The only one we could think of that wasn't questionable was an eye roller, so that won't do ya any good. Sorry love.

Fraulein

Spooks? Where are you?...
Registered
Reaction score
If I were to tell you, then that would be cheating
A customer walked into work last week to bring in his scripts. I asked him if he had ever been to a (company name) pharmacy before, and he said he didn't know. So, he asked if this was CVS or Walgreen's. I told him, "Didn't you see the sign outside before you came in?" After that, he gave me a dumbfounded look. :D

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
NASA spent 3million dollars to come up with a pen that can write in space, at zero gravity and upside down.

You know what the dumb Russians are using?

A pencil.

Last edited:

Matera the Mad

Bartender, gimme a Linux Mint
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.firefromthesky.org
Two parrots are siting on an iceberg. One asks the other, "Which do you prefer, Windows or Linux?"

The other parrot says, "Do I look like a penguin?"

#

Dpaterso, Shweta, and Soccer Mom walk into a bar . . . nah, forget that one.

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A guy in my department mentioned that he was training our department assistant to "sniff out writing errors like truffles."

I sure hope he doesn't use that simile with her.

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
The seven dwarfs went on a vacation to Rome..

While they went to see the Pope.

Grumpy was granted an audience with the Pope and asked him:

"Do you have any dwarf nuns in Rome?"

"No," answered the Pope...

The rest of the six drwarfs were giggling and Grumpy gave them his look and stomped his feet.. they stopped giggling..

Grumpy then asked the Pope "Do you have any Dwarft nuns in Europe?"

The Pope replied, "No."

Again the six drawfs giggled and Grumpy gave them his look...

Grumpy then asked the Pope... "Do you have any Dwarf nuns?"

The Pope thought a moment and then said "No, we never had a drawft nun."

The rest of the dwarfs are now laughing, rolling on the floor, and hitting their fists on floor and saying....

"Grumpy screwed a penquin."

soleary

Registered
Reaction score
My 4-year old nephew wanted a dog BADLY, like many little boys and girls do. His mom asked who would feed him and walk him, and he replied, "Me, momma!" And pick up the dog's business? "That's what parents do, momma. I'm just a little boy."
3 weeks later, while his mother was getting ready for work, he yelled in a kidding voice up the stairs to her.
"MOMMA MOMMA COME QUICK!"
"What's the matter honey?" She asked, waiting for the joke.
"MOMMA, MOMMA, I'M BLIND I'M BLIND" He said, with his eyes squinted and a toothy grin on his face.
"Now you'll have to get me a dog!"
:)

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
back in the eighties, when no one was politically correct, i was a social worker. one of my co-workers was this extreme religious- right fundamentalist moron who had some birth defects. okay, she was blind and walked with a cane. she was also the most stiff necked, intolerant person i had ever had to deal with in my flower child life. not only did she diss every one else's religion, she used to tell boring long winded stories of the miracles that god performed for her personally. we had only 30 minutes for lunch and she would go on and on about what a great person she was while the rest of us wanted to talk about last night's sex.

one day she was telling the story of her miraculous birth. according to her she was born with out a brain (no credibility problem there) and a spine but her mother got on her knees and prayed her a brain and a spine. she was all wound up, telling it like a sermon:

first my momma got on her knees and prayed for a brain and god made me a brain! then momma got on her kness and prayed for me a spine and god made me a spine!"

"And then he made you an asshole!" i chirped up.
i was called into the supervisor's office and had to apologize but it was worth it!--s6

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Just nitpicking here, but you can be "lighthearted and social" and still be an introvert at the same time. The word you are looking for is "anti-social". Introversion is a measure of how one recharges their "batteries", so to speak.

Just sayin'.

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
back in the eighties, when no one was politically correct, i was a social worker. one of my co-workers was this extreme religious- right fundamentalist moron who had some birth defects. okay, she was blind and walked with a cane. she was also the most stiff necked, intolerant person i had ever had to deal with in my flower child life. not only did she diss every one else's religion, she used to tell boring long winded stories of the miracles that god performed for her personally. we had only 30 minutes for lunch and she would go on and on about what a great person she was while the rest of us wanted to talk about last night's sex.

one day she was telling the story of her miraculous birth. according to her she was born with out a brain (no credibility problem there) and a spine but her mother got on her knees and prayed her a brain and a spine. she was all wound up, telling it like a sermon:

first my momma got on her knees and prayed for a brain and god made me a brain! then momma got on her kness and prayed for me a spine and god made me a spine!"

"And then he made you an asshole!" i chirped up.
i was called into the supervisor's office and had to apologize but it was worth it!--s6

:roll: :ROFL: :roll:

Kthrok

Tasmanian Kitteh
Registered
Reaction score
ahhhh the eighties the good old days when ppl werent so uptight about what was said that they walk funny