Status
Not open for further replies.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
We at Necrotic Tissue received your submission, "Bliss". After considered review by our editorial staff, we have decided not to publish your story.

The story is well written, you have the 100-word formula down well. Unfortunately we see a lot of stories with this same plot and I knew she was dead by the second sentence. I think that says disturbing things about me, not you. Three is plenty of time left in July, we hope to see another story.

But I feel good about it. Will sub something else to them. Good luck all.

CACTUSWENDY

Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
lol...Just sent them another one.....lol

They will grow to love me. I just know it. Wink.

Good luck.

jgold

Grinning
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry about the R, Wendy. But I'm sure they'll snap up at least one of yours.

You should invite them to join BASOS. :D

CACTUSWENDY

Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. I would do anything....almost for a T-shirt. You think they would? Join? Cool. Will give that great consideration. (Will put in a good word for all of you.)

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
Three is plenty of time left in July, we hope to see another story.

But I feel good about it. Will sub something else to them. Good luck all.

Wendy, is that what he wrote? You should have sent him three more, with a copy of his letter. LOL I mailed my first out tonight. I think it took me hours to get in on the email and reread it fifty times. It's the first thing I've sent out in some twelve years. :gone:G'luck to you, girl, to all of us.

CACTUSWENDY

Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Yup...he wrote three but I just sent one back in. I want to make friends with them. I thought doing the THREE would set me off as a smart a** or something like that. lol I do have an image to up hold. And we all know that I am not a smart person....lol (Not saying anything about the a** part.)

David McAfee

God of Squirrels
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, that was fast. Sorry about the rejection, Wendy. :( I could be joining you soon. I sent them Bobby and the Mayor on 7/2/08. No reply yet, so I'm still hopeful.

Seif

Registered
Reaction score
All the best in your submission mate, hang in there.

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
I just got a reply to After Birth that he had not gotten to the story yet, but due to the amount of submissions that have been turning up from AW, it may take some time to come to a decision. Perhaps as long as Aug 1st or 2nd, after the contest is officially over. But he wanted me to pass the word along that this 100 word story will not qualify anyone for HWA. That takes 500. I think I'm going to write him back a thank you. I was shakin' in my boots last night, now he's just sounding plain human. Heck! And all this time me thinkin' there were folks out there with horns and big red tales. (Pun intended.) That does make the whole pubbing thing that much easier, though.

CACTUSWENDY

Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, he knows it's us. ;) That is so cool. Will try to figure out how to invite Him to belong to the BASOS. (I so want to make a good impression of us to him.)

We could all 'sign' a card of invite. You know, one signed in blood.

When this is all over we could all send him a ton of Thank yous...like all on the same day.

Anyone one got any other neat ideas?

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
Let's hold on that until he's done with his contest pickin's. He also explained in his letter that he was also an unpublished writer, though he had several on hold and was doing his part to help others.

It's a great idea though, Wendy. Anyone good with these PC's might know how to put a 'Thank You' card together with all our names. Me, I just learned last week how to edit in red. LOL That's no joke.

David McAfee

God of Squirrels
Registered
Reaction score
I like that he knows it's from us AWers. Makes me wonder if he's read sme of these already. :)

Make sure you all blame Haggis. :D

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Can we punish Haggis in a... creative... way?

I'm taking suggestions.

Yes. My worst fear is that people might give me money. Don't do it. Please don't do it. ;)

Who's this "he?" My rejection was from a "she."

Last edited:

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
I ws thinking more along the lines of dress-up, humiliating photos on the Internet, and a week-long diet of cat food. The "from-the-vet" kind that compares to special human diet food.

CACTUSWENDY

Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
PERK!

Punish Haggis?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>runs to make a list of neat things to do to him.

poking him is not enough.....:poke:

:box: we could punch him out. Naw. He is a little dog. Too easy.

:whip: I think he likes the whip, so that's out.

BASOS rule! :e2headban

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
. ;)

Who's this "he?" My rejection was from a "she."

R Scott McCoy who is the publisher. His name is listed at the site, and also his father's which I've already forgotten, who is described as the founder who's lost pounds of Necrotic Tissue. There are several editors then listed on the site, but I had to do a bit of searching to find R. Scott. And I will remember that from this day forth--always-always do my homework.

Also, in his letter, he said to thank all of us for our efforts, and that he hopes we will all sound the horn to help promote his site, as he is trying to establish it himself as a place worthy of being listed at HWA. I had thought his offer to help struggling writers was more advice, but it then sounded more like helping by way of publishing, as he is also an unestablished writer.

Anyhow, I wrote a quick note back thanking him for his kind letter, and hoping that when the contest was through at the end of the month, that he would stop by and say hello. He wrote back again that he would be honored.

It's been an exciting day, to say the least. I told him in my submission that it had been over 12 years since I'd tried to submit. Maybe that's why he wrote back. But I remembered something important, to quit being afraid of those little 'No thank you.' notes.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wendy, we are in the same boat. I rather like white water rafting though, so I say Bring it on! :)

Cheers,
Christina

ima_brat93

In a World of her Own
Registered
Reaction score
Awwww. I'm sorry, Wendy. I'll most likely get rejected, too. I sent them my first 100 word story, just for the heck of it. :D I'm willing to bet someone 20 bucks, though, that I get rejected. xD I hope you get accepted next time, Wendy. You're a great writer, and all that. -says more words of praise, and more things to boost Wendy's ego- ^^

BASOS RULES,
Sam

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
I'm out too, Wendy, (just heard) but I'm off now to send another.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, guys. Next time for sure.

Look. I'm gonna ask a SYW mod to move this thread over to the Horror forum where it belongs. This thread is for SYW kinds of stuff, not what we've been putting here lately. Maybe they'll merge it with the original thread, so don't get all angsty, Okay? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.