• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

EHarmony.com

Lisamer

Registered
Reaction score
Awhile back, EHarmony had an ad for writers for their website. In order to get the job, you had to write a test article for their website. As someone who has written a number of books, and has 100s of articles published, I usually do not do this sort of thing, but I thought, oh what the heck, it will be fun!

Not only did I not get the gig, every day, I get another EHarmony spam email.

Perhaps I should try Chemistry.com!:tongue

Lisamer

Registered
Reaction score
PS: Please don't move this to rejection and dejection, because it is actually a warning, humorously disguised as a rejection post...

And when a multi-million dollar corporation pays its writers .10 a word, I can hardly say that I'm dejected!

Rowdymama

Dogzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I won't do this at all. A year or so ago I completed a test for a legal transcription job. Apparently they were using a WP program other than Word, and when they opened it, the format was ruined. I got a good scolding from them - "It took us hours to fix your formatting!"

If it was a test, why would they have to fix my formatting? I believe a lot (if not most) of these "spec" assignments are tweaked and then sold to markets, with the writer getting nothing except the shaft.

Lisamer

Registered
Reaction score
I need to correct this. It turns out that the spammers were "phishing," not really EHarmony. I found out today that I did in fact get the gig. If anyone is interested, the articles are posted in "wiki" format, which means that your name is not listed as author. I don't need the extra clips as much as I need every bit of extra cash I can get my hands on (unbelievable medical expenses) but this might not be the best option for anyone who needs a clip file.