• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Eve White Literary Agent

ghost

Hey, that's my bike!
Registered
Reaction score
Cheers. That's a result. :D

Eve is great. She's currently one of the three agents I'm negotiating with in London. No complaints and she's got a good record too.

Bushdoctor

Registered
Reaction score
Query 4/Nov
request for full 26/Nov

this agent has sales to large publishers and some of her clients are award winners. Totally legit. will let u know how it goes.

Bushdoctor

Registered
Reaction score
full sent 26/ Nov - R recieved 30/Nov.
very fast turn around. polite and professional. noted the weak points in the plot that can be improved on.

i highly recommend this agent

psymun

Registered
Reaction score
Hey,

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but had a quick question for those who had applied to Eve White - how long did it take in general for a response? I sent a query three chapters at the end of April, and it's nearing the three month mark now without hearing anything. It says on the website that eventually everone gets a reply beyond the automated e-mail, so I'm just wondering if others had any idea how much longer it could be!
She seems to have been busy recently, with several deals announced, but even with business I guess I am an eager beaver to know either way :)
Thanks for any who can help!

psymun

Registered
Reaction score
Ah man, do you think it's likely I've fallen through a crack in the system? If people who sent e-mails a month after I did have heard back, seems out of order. Thanks for that info though! (It's good practice reading the American date order as well, as I'm about to marry an American. For just a moment there I was thinking 'Wait... there's no 13th month...!')

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
Eve is very good and I have bought from her before; three months seems a bit on the long side for her. Perhaps a gentle nudge would be in order?

Celandine

Registered
Reaction score
I'm American, but live in the UK, so I always have to think about the date thing. I know I'm safe if one of the numbers is higher than 12---no way to misinterpret!

Maybe she's just mulling yours over more carefully because she likes it? If I remember correctly her guidelines were pretty anti-nudging.

shaldna

The cake is a lie. But still cake.
Registered
Reaction score
I subbed to her last year with my MG, and although she rejected it she did invite me to resub after revisions (which I haven't done as yet due to lack of time etc) but she was super nice and professional and I'll definately sub to her again

psymun

Registered
Reaction score
I sent a quick query today, just asking about times. I'll let you know if I hear anything either way.

righter

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I searched for this agency on this site and found no thread on it. Are they legit? Anyone have any experiences? Their site says the longest they take to respond is three months. Anyone corresponded with them, how long it took?

Righter

para

Registered
Reaction score
Link: http://www.evewhite.co.uk/

Yes, they appear to be legitimate. I've seen some of those books in WHSmith. It should be noted that they don't accept submissions from US, Canadian and Australian authors.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
I queried her by email on 26/10/08.
I got a rejection (form) on 13/11/08.
I do assure you that we have considered your work carefully and I am sorry
to say that we feel that it is not going to be one for us. Of the hundreds
of samples we receive each month, we do, in fact, only ask for a handful of
complete manuscripts.

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
The agency is particularly strong on children's and YA - Andy Stanton's Mr Gum books are v. well known in the UK and have won several awards.

I know that a couple of its clients are British SCBWI members and are very happy with the work the agency does for them but am clueless on its adult fiction side.

MM

righter

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. Aruna, did you send a partial?

I sent my query around Aug. 5 (got a confirmation email as well) and still haven't heard from them. I was wondering whether they were the 'no response=no interest' kind of agent.:tongue

righter

Registered
Reaction score
Link: http://www.evewhite.co.uk/

Yes, they appear to be legitimate. I've seen some of those books in WHSmith. It should be noted that they don't accept submissions from US, Canadian and Australian authors.

Thanks, I was aware of them earlier on and had also sent a query. I meant to say there was no thread on them on absolutewrite.com

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Thanks for all the replies. Aruna, did you send a partial?

I sent my query around Aug. 5 (got a confirmation email as well) and still haven't heard from them. I was wondering whether they were the 'no response=no interest' kind of agent.:tongue

Yes -- I sent partial and synopsis, but as far as I can tell by checking my mail did not get a confirmation email.

Blippop

Registered
Reaction score
I always found them really helpful, fast to reply and so on until the most recent submission that I made. I'd just finished my third book at the time and I sent it off to them. It all went well, they asked for the full manuscript which was the first time that had happened to me, so I was all excited. They told me to wait a few months for a response, six months later I got back in touch and they told me that my submission had 'gone missing' because a literary agent had moved on. They claimed they were re-reading it but with them getting back to me within a week with a standard rejection I knew that they hadn't.

I realise I must have slipped through the cracks but it made me think twice about sending anything off to them again. They didn't handle the situation very well in my opinion.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Please don't assume they didn't read your submission just because they got back to you quickly after you contacted them. Chances are that they prioritised your manuscript because you'd been overlooked for so long. I've seen that happen a few times; but I've not seen writers rejected just for nudging.