The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eve White Literary Agent

Eve White Literary Agent

http://www.evewhite.co.uk/new/

Anybody had any dealings with Eve White? I was planning on submitting to her next week.

Nobody?

Preditors & Editors Requiescat In Pace DaveKuzminski's Avatar
    P&E has no complaints on file concerning that agency and it appears to have legitimate sales.
    When it comes to PA, the royalty check and the reality check arrive in the same envelope.

Remember to be kind to writers who step in PA. They really don't know how bad it smells.

The difference between PA and WLA? None. Both have the stench of dead and dying books emanating from their doorways.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveKuzminski View Post
    P&E has no complaints on file concerning that agency and it appears to have legitimate sales.

Cheers. That's a result.

Quote Originally Posted by seun View Post
    Cheers. That's a result.
    Eve is great. She's currently one of the three agents I'm negotiating with in London. No complaints and she's got a good record too.

her website looks very professional.
    http://www.evewhite.co.uk/new/about.html
    I just submitted a query to her. Will let you know how that pans out.

practical experience, FTW
    Query 4/Nov
    request for full 26/Nov

this agent has sales to large publishers and some of her clients are award winners. Totally legit. will let u know how it goes.

practical experience, FTW
    full sent 26/ Nov - R recieved 30/Nov.
    very fast turn around. polite and professional. noted the weak points in the plot that can be improved on.

i highly recommend this agent

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Hey,

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but had a quick question for those who had applied to Eve White - how long did it take in general for a response? I sent a query three chapters at the end of April, and it's nearing the three month mark now without hearing anything. It says on the website that eventually everone gets a reply beyond the automated e-mail, so I'm just wondering if others had any idea how much longer it could be!
    She seems to have been busy recently, with several deals announced, but even with business I guess I am an eager beaver to know either way
    Thanks for any who can help!

I sent an email query 5/13 and got a form rejection 7/7.

Ah man, do you think it's likely I've fallen through a crack in the system? If people who sent e-mails a month after I did have heard back, seems out of order. Thanks for that info though! (It's good practice reading the American date order as well, as I'm about to marry an American. For just a moment there I was thinking 'Wait... there's no 13th month...!')

Formerly Phantom of Krankor. Torgo's Avatar
    Eve is very good and I have bought from her before; three months seems a bit on the long side for her. Perhaps a gentle nudge would be in order?

I'm American, but live in the UK, so I always have to think about the date thing. I know I'm safe if one of the numbers is higher than 12---no way to misinterpret!

Maybe she's just mulling yours over more carefully because she likes it? If I remember correctly her guidelines were pretty anti-nudging.

The cake is a lie. But still cake. shaldna's Avatar
    I subbed to her last year with my MG, and although she rejected it she did invite me to resub after revisions (which I haven't done as yet due to lack of time etc) but she was super nice and professional and I'll definately sub to her again
    TORCHWOOD - where the slash is canon

Yes, I read Twilight. Yes, I hate it. No, I don't have to give you a reason why.

Here be snark : www.clairewriteswords.wordpress.com

I sent a quick query today, just asking about times. I'll let you know if I hear anything either way.

Eve White Literary Agent

Hi,

I searched for this agency on this site and found no thread on it. Are they legit? Anyone have any experiences? Their site says the longest they take to respond is three months. Anyone corresponded with them, how long it took?

Righter

Link: http://www.evewhite.co.uk/

Yes, they appear to be legitimate. I've seen some of those books in WHSmith. It should be noted that they don't accept submissions from US, Canadian and Australian authors.

I queried her by email on 26/10/08.
    I got a rejection (form) on 13/11/08.
    I do assure you that we have considered your work carefully and I am sorry
    to say that we feel that it is not going to be one for us. Of the hundreds
    of samples we receive each month, we do, in fact, only ask for a handful of
    complete manuscripts.
    OUT NOW!
    The Lost Daughter of India
    Amazon UK:

Amazon US:

Sons of Gods -- the Mahabharata

Website
    Facebook

Do you know what you are? You are a manuscript of a divine letter. You are a mirror reflecting a noble face. This universe is not outside of you. Look inside yourself; everything that you want, you are already that ...
    ~ Rumi

Tired and Disillusioned Momento Mori's Avatar
    The agency is particularly strong on children's and YA - Andy Stanton's Mr Gum books are v. well known in the UK and have won several awards.

I know that a couple of its clients are British SCBWI members and are very happy with the work the agency does for them but am clueless on its adult fiction side.

MM

Thanks for all the replies. Aruna, did you send a partial?

I sent my query around Aug. 5 (got a confirmation email as well) and still haven't heard from them. I was wondering whether they were the 'no response=no interest' kind of agent.

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    Link: http://www.evewhite.co.uk/

Yes, they appear to be legitimate. I've seen some of those books in WHSmith. It should be noted that they don't accept submissions from US, Canadian and Australian authors.
    Thanks, I was aware of them earlier on and had also sent a query. I meant to say there was no thread on them on absolutewrite.com

Quote Originally Posted by righter View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. Aruna, did you send a partial?

I sent my query around Aug. 5 (got a confirmation email as well) and still haven't heard from them. I was wondering whether they were the 'no response=no interest' kind of agent.
    Yes -- I sent partial and synopsis, but as far as I can tell by checking my mail did not get a confirmation email.
    OUT NOW!
    The Lost Daughter of India
    Amazon UK:

Amazon US:

Sons of Gods -- the Mahabharata

Website
    Facebook

Do you know what you are? You are a manuscript of a divine letter. You are a mirror reflecting a noble face. This universe is not outside of you. Look inside yourself; everything that you want, you are already that ...
    ~ Rumi

I always found them really helpful, fast to reply and so on until the most recent submission that I made. I'd just finished my third book at the time and I sent it off to them. It all went well, they asked for the full manuscript which was the first time that had happened to me, so I was all excited. They told me to wait a few months for a response, six months later I got back in touch and they told me that my submission had 'gone missing' because a literary agent had moved on. They claimed they were re-reading it but with them getting back to me within a week with a standard rejection I knew that they hadn't.

I realise I must have slipped through the cracks but it made me think twice about sending anything off to them again. They didn't handle the situation very well in my opinion.

Such a nasty woman SuperModerator Old Hack's Avatar
    Please don't assume they didn't read your submission just because they got back to you quickly after you contacted them. Chances are that they prioritised your manuscript because you'd been overlooked for so long. I've seen that happen a few times; but I've not seen writers rejected just for nudging.

I got a polite form rejection exactly 7 days after submission
    Haywire Thoughts, writing/politics/gender/philosophy blog here

Hook and sample chapter of WIP here

Tweets @JJLindsell

All comments and discussion very welcome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast