• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Forbidden Publications (Rene Walden-Wilson)

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Forbidden Publications accepts both erotic and non-erotic submissions in all genres. At this time we are only accepting submissions from established authors.
Aside from how they quantify "established", all the usual questions apply: Do you read their books? Does anyone you know read their books? What level of sales do you expect?

madmumbler

Self-declared Queen of Dark Snark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tymberdalton.com
I don't know anything about them, frankly. That's why I wanted to research before making the decision to sub to them. *LOL* I was hoping someone who might have any knowledge on them might chime in.

I've learned the don't sub before researching lesson quite well. *LOL*

Peachnuts

Registered
Reaction score
Website
insidemyoyster.blogspot.com
I just checked them out and saw some hot covers. I checked an author's blog on them as well and she seems happy.
I too want to know what 'established' mean.
Seems open to interpretation.

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
I just checked them out and saw some hot covers. I checked an author's blog on them as well and she seems happy.
I too want to know what 'established' mean.
Seems open to interpretation.

"Established" for an epublisher means their authors can expect decent sales--first-month sales in at least the low triple digits. "Established" means you've actually heard of them and so have readers and other writers. "Established" means you've heard of their writers.

It's very easy for any publisher to have "happy" authors--look at how many people are pleased with PA. I'm not saying Forbidden is a scam, just that finding an author who won't publicly say she's not happy--most epubbed writers don't say such things publicly--means nothing.

Forbidden has no sales data at EREC. I don't know any of their writers.

If you're looking to submit to an ehouse, go for the big established names first: Ellora's Cave, Samhain, Liquid Silver, Loose-Id. The ones with an established customer base--ereaders tend to be loyal, and it's extremely hard for new epublisher to attract new readers, especially given how glutted the ebook market already is.

JMO, but there's no reason to submit to Forbidden when there are much bigger, better houses to submit to.