Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Publisher] Counterpoint, LLC / Soft Skull Press

[Publisher] Counterpoint, LLC / Soft Skull Press

Has anyone had anything published by them? Jack Shoemaker is onboard (vice-president and editorial director) and I adore him. I saw there were no threads on them so I was wondering...

http://www.counterpointpress.com/

A Robe of Feathers and Other Stories

Charles de Lint says: "A Robe of Feathers is a truly unique collection that suits no easy categorization except that of excellence."

The Kappa's Fart: Kappa no He

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    FWIW, Counterpoint is the culmination of the recent acquisiton/merger of Soft Skull Press, Shoemaker & Hoard, and Sierra Club Books by Winton, Shoemaker & Co.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

volitare nequeo AW Moderator veinglory's Avatar
    I checked out the site and have read and enjoyed several of the books listed without knowing who published them. 'Jesusland' was particularly good.
    Emily Veinglory

Thanks for the comments! Veinglory, I was looking over the booklist myself and found several I want to buy as well. Being raised in the deep south Jesusland might also be a good pick.

A Robe of Feathers and Other Stories

Charles de Lint says: "A Robe of Feathers is a truly unique collection that suits no easy categorization except that of excellence."

The Kappa's Fart: Kappa no He

Internet Ninja of 1337 VoltShadow's Avatar
    Well I haven't seen anything negative about them, the third party sources are a little vauge to be perfectly honest. This requires more research, I shall return with any more information I can gather.
    Query Letter in Development. - Neomentals A Torrential Onset (86K Words)
    E.I.P. - Neomentals A Heated Beginning (86K Words)
    W.I.P. - Fuszors (7K Words...

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin jsmith's Avatar

Soft Skull Press

I had submitted my novel "Eye of a Fly" to them about 6 months ago and just received a form-letter that they were closing down their New York operations and would only consider agented submissions in the future.
    As long as you are not aware of the continual law of Die and Be
    Again, you are merely a vague guest on a dark Earth." --- Johann
    Wolfgang von Goethe http://www.justinwordsmith.com

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith View Post
    I had submitted my novel "Eye of a Fly" to them about 6 months ago and just received a form-letter that they were closing down their New York operations and would only consider agented submissions in the future.
    I got that same notice today. Apparently they rejected my submission I sent to them seven months ago, telling me now that I would need a resub from my agent. I thought at least I was under the sub gun that long ago.

Tri

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: