Not a new horror market, but an interesting one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tburger

Wahoowa
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tcmccarthy.com
Be warned: this is a non-paying market, so if that's not your bag, read no further.

I just submitted a short story to Fantastic Horror. It seems like an interesting venue and their presentation is REALLY good. Also, I loved the stories I read - old school horror. I'll let you know how it goes. It's similar to submitting to Baen's Bar; your story gets posted in a forum and they critique, you revise, etc.

Link: http://fantastichorror.com/

Last edited:

Tburger

Wahoowa
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tcmccarthy.com
Happy Canada day! Wait a second, your location data lists you at the gates of Hell. Does that mean Canada is the closest we can get to Hell without being there? ;)

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Canada day! Wait a second, your location data lists you at the gates of Hell. Does that mean Canada is the closest we can get to Hell without being there? ;)

Well, I'm pretty much right across the river from Windsor, Ontario. And if you look at a map, Windsor is right next to Detroit, Michigan. So you can draw your own conclusions. :D

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Why I oughts'ta...:e2chain:

Easy, man. You don't wanna break a nail or something.:D

I checked out the site, and it looks pretty well done. Let us know what your experiences are there. Of course there's nothing wrong with submitting to a non-pay or low pay site. I've had a whole bunch of stories out there for nada.

Another thought. If you've shopped a story and it got nowhere, this might be the kind of place to put it. You get additional input and hopefully get to grow as a writer from that input.

Status
Not open for further replies.