• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

directfreelance.com / VerbumSoft

jrshearer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
I have been getting e-mail messages from directfreelance.com with job listings of freelance projects. I was wondering if anyone has had dealings with them and if they're legit. The messages offer links to jobs and pay with some pretty detailed information, but you have to join their service (with a subscription fee). I'm skittish about committing money unless I know this place isn't going to offer me bogus information. Thanks!
Joe

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Did you request that they email you? If not, they're spamming. Personally, I wouldn't work with a company that spammed. YMMV, of course.

jrshearer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
I signed up to join a mailing group from Yahoo groups that they're affiliated with. I signed up to receive postings. Since then I get freelance job listings on a regular basis, but of course no contact info.
Joe

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Well, that's a relief, at least. I don't find any complaints via Google, which I interpret as a good sign. I see that Firehorse asked about them up in the Freelance forum. All I can suggest is keep an eye on that thread, too.

firehorse

Living the Dream
Registered
Reaction score
DirectFreelance.com - trying again

Has anyone had success with these folks? Or not-so-much-success? They keep sending me job descriptions that sound great, but (of course) applying involves hefty membership fee. Given that I've recently spent money on a subscription to a well-known job site (Media Bistro's Freelance Marketplace), I don't want to take the risk with DirectFreelance.com unless someone vouches for it.

Hmm... maybe the fact that this topic has been posted twice before and received no response is an answer!

Adventurous

Another one here who receives Directfreelance mails

Hello,
I am another one who has registered at directfreelance to receive writing jobs, and I receive them quite frequently. What you must consider is the number of freelancers who are already registered as paid members although its difficult to know that. If there are 200 freelancers who contact employers for almost every project, then your chances of getting jobs would be significantly low. However, if you do purchase a paid membership at directfreelance, please share your experience with us here. By the way, how did you find Media Bistro?

Adventurous

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
As of June '14, is no longer a job listing; strictly a website builder, now.

ETA: now redirects to parent VerbumSoft/Translatorsbase.

Last edited: