Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Rogue Blades Entertainment (formerly Flashing Swords Press)

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin wolframdonat's Avatar

Rogue Blades Entertainment (formerly Flashing Swords Press)

Has anybody heard anything about them? I've done some research and found a bit about when they were (still are?) an e-zine/magazine, but I haven't found anything about their book publishing. They seem to be fairly new.

I ask because I have a book manuscript that I think is right up their alley, but I'd like to know more before I query.

Thanks in advance,

wolf

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Flashing Swords is fairly prestigious for a small ezine; I don't know anything about their book publishing, but they're definitely not scam artists.

Now I'm not sure if the ezine publisher is the same company. Here's the link I was looking at:

http://www.cyberwizardproductions.co...ords/index.htm

practical experience, FTW Khazarkhum's Avatar
    They are the same. There's a link to the mag on the left. It's buried, but I found it.

Thanks for all of your help, guys. I think I'm going to go ahead and query them, since they seem to have a good rep.

Flashing Swords Press is now Rogue Blades Entertainment.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

So many ideas, never enough time. michael_b's Avatar
    Just an FYI on this publisher... Their submissions page says they are closed to all submissions yet they also have two open calls. Mixed signals anyone?
    Last edited by michael_b; 01-17-2010 at 11:50 PM.
    Michael Barnette
    Fiction with an Erotic Edge
    LiveJournal Twitter Facebook
    I do NaNoWriMo
    Worth More than Words available now from Dreamspinner Press
    In the Heart of Love-Coming Soon
    SOLD: Nikki's Dragon-short story anthology to Fireborn Publishing

The open calls are for anthologies, they're closed to novel and single-author short story collections. I've read one of their books, and it's very much what they say it is: muscle-powered, adrenaline-pounding heroic fantasy. The editor of prozine Black Gate wrote the anthology's introduction, so they're not without connections in the publishing world. I think it's one to watch, if you're into heroic fantasy.

Site now reads: "Please use the RBE Facebook site This site is officially dead 11.11.11" (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rogue...nt/83982305161)
    ICAO
    ---------

Built a new site in '13 (http://roguebladesentertain.wix.com/roguebladespresents), but hasn't published anything recently. Still actively promoting, though. And signed with JABberwocky to negotiate foreign rights for their books.
    ICAO
    ---------