• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Preditors & Editors Lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

louisgodwin

Back from the dead
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Give 'em hell, Dave!

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

postshy

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Dave,

Yes, I am still around. Busy writing and submitting to prove there is life after PA. However, I just had to de-lurk to say: GO, DAVE, GO - take them out!

Roberta (one of the many NOT happy members of PA's select group of 30,000 authors - what a joke!)

Maddog

Registered
Reaction score
Nooooooo!

This is from another thread. Say it ain't so!:cry:

Dear Mr. Macumber,
Your request is denied. Publishers ususually don't discontinue a book just weeks into its release, for all the obvious reasons.

If you are dissatisfied about the quality of the books that you have received, please return a copy for our inspection or, alternatively, we can have Fedex pick up the entire shipment for return to our facilities at no expense to you. Please let us know your preference.

As for your wild, baseless, and highly irresponsible accusations, be sure to consider your "sources" and to watch your words carefully. Minutes ago one of your fellow PublishAmerica bashers was convicted of defamation in a federal court and condemned to pay more than $250,000 in damages.

Have a good day,
PublishAmerica Support
[email protected]

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
From JasonRobert's "The Fight Begins" thread:

"As for your wild, baseless, and highly irresponsible accusations, be sure to consider your "sources" and to watch your words carefully. Minutes ago one of your fellow PublishAmerica bashers was convicted of defamation in a federal court and condemned to pay more than $250,000 in damages."

I hope like hell that doesn't meant Dave got screwed.

Sparhawk

Jenna's Cabana Boy
Registered
Reaction score
From JasonRobert's "The Fight Begins" thread:

"As for your wild, baseless, and highly irresponsible accusations, be sure to consider your "sources" and to watch your words carefully. Minutes ago one of your fellow PublishAmerica bashers was convicted of defamation in a federal court and condemned to pay more than $250,000 in damages."

I hope like hell that doesn't meant Dave got screwed.

I'd have to consider the source before taking ANYTHNG PA says at face value. Having said that I can onlypray that it's not true. This would give Vic and company precedent to come after any other PA "Basher". I can't see how P&E could possiblyt lose this case with so many unhappy PA Authors and so much information about PA and what they do.

Oh well... Hopefully Dave will weigh in eventually and set teh record straight.

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
It's probably a bluff. Until I see something pop up here: http://www.citmedialaw.org/threats/cretella-v-kuzminski I'm not going to believe it. Consider the source people; the Stooges are great liars. I wouldn't take anything they say at face value.

Besides, even if Dave lost there's still the appeals process. It's not over until you've exhausted every avenue.

I hope at the very least Vic was on time to proceedings :tongue

Sparhawk

Jenna's Cabana Boy
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Mr. Macumber,
Your request is denied. Publishers ususually don't discontinue a book just weeks into its release, for all the obvious reasons.

If you are dissatisfied about the quality of the books that you have received, please return a copy for our inspection or, alternatively, we can have Fedex pick up the entire shipment for return to our facilities at no expense to you. Please let us know your preference.

As for your wild, baseless, and highly irresponsible accusations, be sure to consider your "sources" and to watch your words carefully. Minutes ago one of your fellow PublishAmerica bashers was convicted of defamation in a federal court and condemned to pay more than $250,000 in damages.

Have a good day,
PublishAmerica Support
[email protected]

How can you condemn someone to pay??? Is that legalese, perhaps 'been ordered by the courts to pay or something like that? Anybody versed in 'Lawyer' ?

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And there's nothing on PA's front page about it. You'd think that would be the first place you'd read anything about it.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
How can you condemn someone to pay??? Is that legalese, perhaps 'been ordered by the courts to pay or something like that? Anybody versed in 'Lawyer' ?

Most people dealing with PA are condemned to pay.

Hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.