• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Preditors & Editors Lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
For those who are not aware, P&E is being sued. Since P&E's inception, it has never asked for donations but we find we must in this instance.

We now have a donation button on both P&E sites and ask that other sites which support us please feel free to copy the necessary coding to post an appeal and donation button on their sites in P&E's behalf so that we might raise enough funds to mount a proper legal defense.

So far, P&E has been on the Internet for eleven years doing what we believe was good for writers and the publishing industry. We hope that others wish to see us continue.

Sincerely, Dave Kuzminski, Editor, Preditors & Editors

Khazarkhum

Registered
Reaction score
Wow. I thought they were only going after you. Now they're after P&E, too?

matdonna

matushka at large
Registered
Reaction score
Website
rafterssriptorium.blogspot.com
Dave, can you possibly provide a summary on the page or a link so people new to the whole PA thing can get a quick idea of who "Vic" is?

And can someone explain how to 'copy the code' to put a donation button on other sites?

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
Dave, can you possibly provide a summary on the page or a link so people new to the whole PA thing can get a quick idea of who "Vic" is?

And can someone explain how to 'copy the code' to put a donation button on other sites?

Okay, just to further clarify matters. P&E is being sued by Barbara Bauer and by Victor E. Cretella, III, Esq. in two separate courts.

Ms. Bauer is a literary agent who alleges I/P&E called her a scam and a scammer and is suing for libel.

Mr. Cretella is an attorney for PublishAmerica. He alleges I/P&E harmed his reputation by reporting him to the Maryland State Bar Association and his former employer for his actions against a member of Absolute Write and is suing for libel.

If anyone needs the code, you can email me and I'll email back the code needed for pasting the button on your site.

In the meantime, the link for the page with the donation button is http://anotherealm.com/prededitors/penulist.htm. Our mirror site at http://www.invirtuo.cc/prededitors also has the button.

Last edited:

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
Will donations be used in the Bauer/Vic case against PE or Vic's lawsuit against you? Or both?

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
So far, P&E has been on the Internet for eleven years doing what we believe was good for writers and the publishing industry. We hope that others wish to see us continue.

Sincerely, Dave Kuzminski, Editor, Preditors & Editors

You provide an invaluable service for writers, Dave. Good luck!

Saundra Julian

A work in progress
Registered
Reaction score
Time to give a something back to someone who has had our backs for a long time!

Lordy, what a sentence, but you get the idea...

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
Let us know if you need donations for the second case.

Saundra is right, folks. This is our turn to give back.

Rodlen

Registered
Reaction score
This...is bad. This...is really bad.

This...is really really bad.

JerseyGirl1962

I heart Malamutes! :-)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
All the more reason to get the donation button up on writers' blogs and websites.

Let it spread like wildfire!

~Nancy

allenparker

Naked Futon Guy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allenparker.net
two?

Will donations be used in the Bauer/Vic case against PE or Vic's lawsuit against you? Or both?

I would think that it would be difficult to separate the two. Dave and P and E are so enjoined as to really be one defendant.

Just my opinion. Not a lawyer.

Khazarkhum

Registered
Reaction score
Mods--is there any way we could have a button for P&E on AW? Or would that create a conflict of interest?

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
I would think that it would be difficult to separate the two. Dave and P and E are so enjoined as to really be one defendant.

Just my opinion. Not a lawyer.

From the limited information I know about the two cases, there is a difference between the cases. But as discussed in another thread, AW members shouldn't write about ongoing cases so I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.