• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Gallery Seven Books

Writer14

Christina.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I searched through the threads to the best of my ability and the index of Publishers and such, so.. I thought it would be safe to make a thread concerning this publisher.

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about them. I was accepted for publication in their anthology early last year and earlier this year they said the anthology would be finished. However, after emailing them about a month and a half later, I have yet to get a response. This concerned me mainly because other emails I'd sent were replied to quickly. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, or maybe I should be worried, either way, I thought I'd ask about it here.

Thank you

JulieB

I grow my own catnip
Registered
Reaction score
Don't know if this is of any help to you specifically, but here is a copy of the open call for the anthology that was posted here at AW.

I see some cover art here.

Be sure to check your spam filter. It's been my experience that e-mail from trusted addresses will still get pitched in there for having too many links or certain phrases. (I hate that.)

Of course, your latest messages may be in their spam filter.

OTOH, I haven't seen anything beyond that posting of the cover. That's a little worrying. I hope they get back in touch with you.

ETA: Since they registered for an account to announce the anthology, you might try a PM through this forum on the chance that it might get through to them. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Writer14

Christina.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Thank youuu!

I mean, I'm not as worried as I may have seemed in the OP. But with my parents being all 'they probably stole your work' and what not, I kind of got freaked out.

I'd actually never seen the cover. ^^ Wow. Thanks!! :] I pray it all works out on my end. Also, however, the last email I recieved from them was -I believe- in January, saying the book will be sent out in February or something. Gosh, i don't even know. -.-;

Apparently i'm going to be in it and the payment was a free copy, so... I'm going to shut up now. lol

[Spam Filters= too strict,lol]

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
First -- don't worry that anyone is going to steal your work.

Second -- I don't see any indication that the book was ever published. (This isn't uncommon with startup publishers.)

JulieB

I grow my own catnip
Registered
Reaction score
Writer14, I hope it does work out for you.

Like Jim, I didn't see that the book had been published - just that cover art.

If I were in your shoes, I'd try to contact them again. Be polite, just ask about the publication status.

engmajor2005

Registered
Reaction score
One of my shorts was accepted into Gallery Seven Books' inagural anthology, which was scheduled to be released last year. I have sent a few e-mails to the publisher politely asking for updates; of my two most recent, one has gone unanswered and one was bounced back.

Their website (including contact information) has been unchanged since last summer. They are not listed on Ralan. I'm set on marketing the story again, disclosing the publication history behind it of course, but before I do I was wondering if anybody knows what's up with this publisher.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Their site's still up (http://home.graffiti.net/gallerysevenbooks/), but other than authors listing "short story to be published in upcoming anthology by..." in their bios, there's no other sign of it -- including anything on Harpreet Ferren, the editor named on the cover.