• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Todd Edits (Todd Mayhew)

atwistedmind

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so today i was on my myspace, when i received a message from an 'editor':
Hi there,

I see that you're into writing. If you are ever in need of a good editor to copyedit your manuscript, or to help out with structure, pacing, or character development, give me a call. I'll be the second pair of eyes you need to bring your project to perfection!

Talk to you soon,

Todd Mayhew
Todd Edits

PS: If I'm bugging you, I apologize. I'm just trying to spread the word about my service. Feel free to block me or send angry responses. Otherwise, add me and we'll keep in touch!

HE did reply to a message i asked him to, using a keyword. so i know he's not a spam bot, but still, i don't trust this message

Ldyjarhead

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so today i was on my myspace, when i received a message from an 'editor':

HE did reply to a message i asked him to, using a keyword. so i know he's not a spam bot, but still, i don't trust this message

Did he give you any credentials?

I googled 'Todd Mayhew', 'Todd Edits', and 'Todd Mayhew Editor' and didn't come up with anything that looked like an editor, but I did find ToddEdits.com when I typed it in directly on a whim.

Can't vouch for him, but his website is cute. It does need work with keywords, etc, obviously. I didn't delve too much into his background, but you can go through it yourself and see what you feel.

brianm

Brian Boru
Registered
Reaction score
The desert of S. California and the coast of N. Ir
Welcome to AW.

Were you looking for an editing service? If you were, follow James MacDonald's advice. The ability to self-edit is a prerequisite tool for any writer.

In regards to your post, I always question people who go to school to learn a trade and then immediately try to start their own business, rather than applying for a position with a legitimate company where they can learn their trade in the trenches and gain experience.

IMO, schooling provides a foundation from which to build upon, but you need hands on experience learned from seasoned professionals in order to develop and hone your skills before hanging an ‘Open for Business” sign on your door.

brianm

Brian Boru
Registered
Reaction score
The desert of S. California and the coast of N. Ir
Don't know nuthin' 'bout no Mr. Mayhew, but Ms. Bella is gorgeous.

Thank you. We adopted her from Boxer Rescue Los Angeles who had rescued her from an Orange County shelter three days before she was to be put down.

That picture was taken at BRLA just before we adopted her and she has gained sixteen pounds since we brought her home. She's all Boxer, especially the forgiving and loving aspects of her personality.

Rumor has it she's going to be in the 2009 BRLA Boxer calendar. I swear, everybody wants to be published in this family. :D

Sorry for the derail...

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Footnote: In '13, domain bought by Todd Barselow of Imajin Books.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Any chance Todd Mayhew is Todd Barselow? I know there's more than one Todd in the world, but what are the odds?

Maryn, not the only Maryn