AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Todd Edits (Todd Mayhew)

practical experience, FTW atwistedmind's Avatar

Todd Edits (Todd Mayhew)

Okay, so today i was on my myspace, when i received a message from an 'editor':
    Hi there,

I see that you're into writing. If you are ever in need of a good editor to copyedit your manuscript, or to help out with structure, pacing, or character development, give me a call. I'll be the second pair of eyes you need to bring your project to perfection!

Talk to you soon,

Todd Mayhew
    Todd Edits

PS: If I'm bugging you, I apologize. I'm just trying to spread the word about my service. Feel free to block me or send angry responses. Otherwise, add me and we'll keep in touch!
    HE did reply to a message i asked him to, using a keyword. so i know he's not a spam bot, but still, i don't trust this message

Quote Originally Posted by atwistedmind View Post
    Okay, so today i was on my myspace, when i received a message from an 'editor':

HE did reply to a message i asked him to, using a keyword. so i know he's not a spam bot, but still, i don't trust this message
    Did he give you any credentials?

I googled 'Todd Mayhew', 'Todd Edits', and 'Todd Mayhew Editor' and didn't come up with anything that looked like an editor, but I did find ToddEdits.com when I typed it in directly on a whim.

Can't vouch for him, but his website is cute. It does need work with keywords, etc, obviously. I didn't delve too much into his background, but you can go through it yourself and see what you feel.

Marie Anne
    MSgt, USMC, Ret

Semper Gumby - Always Flexible

My Journey - That important first step
    Buckets of Beans - My frugal garden
    Christopher Robin - A bird's eye view

Your Genial Uncle Absolute Sage James D. Macdonald's Avatar
    Your publisher should hire a copyeditor, not you.

And that looks a lot like spam.

Well begun is half done... Mumut's Avatar
    He'll want to be paid by you. Don't.

The desert of S. California and the coast of N. Ireland.
    Welcome to AW.

Were you looking for an editing service? If you were, follow James MacDonald's advice. The ability to self-edit is a prerequisite tool for any writer.

In regards to your post, I always question people who go to school to learn a trade and then immediately try to start their own business, rather than applying for a position with a legitimate company where they can learn their trade in the trenches and gain experience.

IMO, schooling provides a foundation from which to build upon, but you need hands on experience learned from seasoned professionals in order to develop and hone your skills before hanging an ‘Open for Business” sign on your door.
    "This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." Sigmund Freud (about the Irish)

"Opera singers have resonance where their brains ought to be." Anna Russell

More on Mr. Mayhew here and here
    "This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." Sigmund Freud (about the Irish)

Life sucks... Then ya die... smoothseas's Avatar
    yawn... in da land of the terminally bored.
    Don't know nuthin' 'bout no Mr. Mayhew, but Ms. Bella is gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by smoothseas View Post
    Don't know nuthin' 'bout no Mr. Mayhew, but Ms. Bella is gorgeous.
    Thank you. We adopted her from Boxer Rescue Los Angeles who had rescued her from an Orange County shelter three days before she was to be put down.

That picture was taken at BRLA just before we adopted her and she has gained sixteen pounds since we brought her home. She's all Boxer, especially the forgiving and loving aspects of her personality.

Rumor has it she's going to be in the 2009 BRLA Boxer calendar. I swear, everybody wants to be published in this family.

Sorry for the derail...

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Site is gone, and MySpace page (http://www.myspace.com/toddedits) hasn't been updated since '08.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Footnote: In '13, domain bought by Todd Barselow of Imajin Books.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Any chance Todd Mayhew is Todd Barselow? I know there's more than one Todd in the world, but what are the odds?

Maryn, not the only Maryn
    "I've never had to fake sarcasm."

Brick by Brick, a ménage à trois novel (soon to be re-released)
    Taming the Wilde, FemDom spotted--and striped--in the wild
    Men in Love, anthology about--hey, you're already there, aren't you?
    Maryn Says, an irregular blog almost never about writing
    The Occasional Tweet