• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Kessinger Publishing

jamiehall

Bereaved Snarkling
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamiehall.org

Given the accusations of wrongdoing brought up here (pointed out to me by Janet Reid's blog in this recent post) I thought this publisher needed a thread warning people about it.

Since it seems to be exclusively a republisher of previously printed material, I doubt there is any danger to unpublished authors. But there certainly seems to be a danger to published authors, if they've been published for long enough. Yuck!

I guess this would disprove the well-known argument stating that publishers will never steal your book!

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
If any of the book were copyrighted they are at least very ignorant of their ostensible profession. So it doesn't make a different between them being a good company or a rubbish one--just the exact grade of rubbish.

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
From my understanding, they are still publishing his father's book even after they sent a letter stating they would stop. So it may have been a mistake at first, but now that they know why don't they stop (like they said they would). Or did I read it wrong?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Complaints continued (example), and might've had some effect: going by Amazon, last "published" in '12.

Anyone have any recent contact?