Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Kessinger Publishing

Kessinger Publishing

Given the accusations of wrongdoing brought up here (pointed out to me by Janet Reid's blog in this recent post) I thought this publisher needed a thread warning people about it.

Since it seems to be exclusively a republisher of previously printed material, I doubt there is any danger to unpublished authors. But there certainly seems to be a danger to published authors, if they've been published for long enough. Yuck!

I guess this would disprove the well-known argument stating that publishers will never steal your book!

Grumpy writer and editor Absolute Sage Gillhoughly's Avatar
    Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha.
    What a disgusting bunch of lampreys.

I'll be linking that on my own blog. Thank you for the heads up.

The desert of S. California and the coast of N. Ireland.
    Scum. Absolute scum.

I wonder if someone could contact the web provider and make things a wee bit more difficult for them to remain in business? Or do web providers care? I've no clue of these things.
    "This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." Sigmund Freud (about the Irish)

"Opera singers have resonance where their brains ought to be." Anna Russell

volitare nequeo AW Moderator veinglory's Avatar
    If any of the book were copyrighted they are at least very ignorant of their ostensible profession. So it doesn't make a different between them being a good company or a rubbish one--just the exact grade of rubbish.
    Emily Veinglory

From my understanding, they are still publishing his father's book even after they sent a letter stating they would stop. So it may have been a mistake at first, but now that they know why don't they stop (like they said they would). Or did I read it wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Orchestra View Post
    But seriously, never ask permission to write something. Don't be a wimp.

The desert of S. California and the coast of N. Ireland.
    I don't see the book offered on their site nor do they have his name listed under their author search.
    "This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." Sigmund Freud (about the Irish)

"Opera singers have resonance where their brains ought to be." Anna Russell

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Complaints continued (example), and might've had some effect: going by Amazon, last "published" in '12.

Anyone have any recent contact?
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: