• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Judith Ehrlich Literary Management

Elizabeth Holloway

Pass the sugar
Registered
Reaction score
Yes... but haven't heard back. And I don't think that's a good thing as I've heard she's fast if she likes the material.

Well, I queried Emmanuelle on January 31 and just got a request for a full this morning. She seems enthusiastic, so maybe she's not always fast if she likes the material. :)

foliogal

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Krista for the great interview. And for me timely.

Dr. Johnson

Registered
Reaction score

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Foliogal and Dr. Johnson, you're welcome.

Dr. Johnson, according to her agency's submissions page, they don't always respond to e-mail queries. However, it seems like I remember reading Ms. Morgen say that she tries to respond one way or the other, and looking at her older stats on QueryTracker, I'd say that's true. I believe she's had some things going on in her personal life of late that have slowed her down a bit (if the switch back to her maiden name is any indication), so you might have to be a little patient with her right now. According to QT, the last e-mail she responded to was sent at the end of July, so chances are she hasn't even read your query yet.

Good luck!

Dr. Johnson

Registered
Reaction score
Foliogal and Dr. Johnson, you're welcome.

Dr. Johnson, according to her agency's submissions page, they don't always respond to e-mail queries. However, it seems like I remember reading Ms. Morgen say that she tries to respond one way or the other, and looking at her older stats on QueryTracker, I'd say that's true. I believe she's had some things going on in her personal life of late that have slowed her down a bit (if the switch back to her maiden name is any indication), so you might have to be a little patient with her right now. According to QT, the last e-mail she responded to was sent at the end of July, so chances are she hasn't even read your query yet.

Good luck!

Thanks Krista! My Paranormal Historical (Edwardian) Romance seems right for her list, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Best,

Doc

Wildflower90

Registered
Reaction score
So I've joined the ranks of the waiters hoping to hear back from Emmanuelle. From everything on here it sounds like she's a terrific agent so fingers crossed to me and to everyone else!

QueenViv

Registered
Reaction score
I've been reading about several agencies for the past week (I think this is all I did on the forum since I posted my "hello, everyone" thread... ) and found this one.

I'm writing a contemporary romance with a psychological twist and I was wondering if anyone knows if this agency would like this sort of book. They seem to be a great agency. I'd love to query Emmanuelle Morgen!

Wurdsmyth

Registered
Reaction score
Judith Erhlich Literary Agency

Is anyone familiar with Sophia Seidner of the Judith Erhlich Agency? I did a search on the forum but was unable to turn up anything. I am considering sending a dark mystery/suspense novel to her. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Phyllo

Still sitting
Registered
Reaction score
Queried her on Feb. 24th (mainstream/lit. fiction). No reply, so I'm afraid I can't offer more than that.

foliogal

Registered
Reaction score
For those of you who queried Emmanuelle--On her Query Tracker page (notes) it says: "It is also useful to mention any trade press books to which your work might be compared." What do they mean by "trade press books?" This is for fiction. Thanks.

Duncan J Macdonald

Plotting! Not Plodding!
Registered
Reaction score
For those of you who queried Emmanuelle--On her Query Tracker page (notes) it says: "It is also useful to mention any trade press books to which your work might be compared." What do they mean by "trade press books?" This is for fiction. Thanks.
"Trade Press" equals "Not Vanity/Self-Published"

DahlELama

Registered
Reaction score
FYI to anyone who doesn't received Pub Lunch e-mails, Emmanuelle Morgen is moving to Stonesong as of Jan 5th.