The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Judith Ehrlich Literary Management

practical experience, FTW

Judith Ehrlich Literary Management

Has anyone had any experience with this agency or with Martha Hoffman? Thanks.

http://www.judithehrlichliterary.com/

I went back and forth with Martha Hoffman for a long time last year with my novel before in the end signing with another agent. I think she's great though.

Ruled by Dachshunds smallthunder's Avatar

Not yet

I e-queried her on 5/28, but haven't heard anything yet.
    I'll post when/if I do ...
    "'Reeling and Writhing, of course, to begin with,' the Mock Turtle replied; 'and then the different branches of arithmetic -- Ambition, Distraction, Uglification, and Derision.'

Does anyone know if Martha has sold anything or who she reps? I have tried to find out, but I am not coming up with much. I haven't queried her yet because of this.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Judith Ehrlich is very well established, and Martha would have all those contacts. If you think your ms. would interest her, I'd send it and see what she has to say to you.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Just a note that Emmanuelle Alspaugh joined Judith Erhlich Lit. Mgmt. in Aug '08 (from Wendy Sherman & Assocs.).
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Thought I'd bump this one since it's been a while since anyone posted on it.

Saw an agent's recommendation of Ms. Alspaugh on Twitter, queried last night and got a request for synopsis today.

leaving trails of fairy dust Leanan-Sidhe's Avatar
    That`s awesome, Cyia! What genre did you submit?
    I queried her a few days ago and haven`t heard back yet. Wonder if she rejects via nonresponse.

Paranormal, sort of an urban fantasy.

practical experience, FTW JamieB's Avatar
    Congrats Cyia! I queried her two days ago. Met her at a conference last year and she's very nice and seems pretty sharp!
    NY Times & USA Today Bestselling Author
    www.jamieblairauthor.com

Young Adult
    Romance

"Sharp" was the exact description the agent on Twitter gave for her. It's why I went Googling to find out which agency she's at

ETA: It was an 'R' today, but at least it was a quick one.
    Last edited by Cyia; 09-04-2009 at 03:31 AM.

leaving trails of fairy dust Leanan-Sidhe's Avatar
    Cyia--Aww. Well, quick is good. Send out some revenge queries!

hey I just recieved a partial request from Emmanuelle Alspaugh from a query I sent October 11th. I'm really excited! Does anyone know her average response time on requested materials?

Constant Craving:Now Available from Cobblestone Press

Shadow Play: Now Available From Changeling Press (Jeri Duvall)
    Down in a Hole: rewriting
    #1 Crush: 55,000/55,000 (rewriting)

One of those quiet-but-smart guys...
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisrose331 View Post
    hey I just recieved a partial request from Emmanuelle Alspaugh from a query I sent October 11th. I'm really excited! Does anyone know her average response time on requested materials?

After getting a partial request from Emmanuelle, I waited about 4 weeks before getting a request for a full. Another six weeks before I got a short but personal note rejecting. She did give me a referral to another agent, so that was nice of her.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    This is on the agency's submission page today:

Please note that, due to technical problems, all queries sent to Emmanuelle Alspaugh between October 5th and November 24th were not received. If you sent your query during that time, we encourage you to resend.

practical experience, FTW aliajohnson's Avatar
    Hi all!

Emmanuelle Alspaugh is my agent. If anyone is considering an offer from her and is curious to know what she's like to work with (great, btw) feel free to drop me a PM or email at letters(at)alissa-johnson(dot)com. I'll answer any questions I can.

Best of luck with your submissions!

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Emmanuelle is my agent. I signed with her after hearing good things from another of her authors on this very board.

She responded very quickly to my historical romance query and when she decided she liked my book she called me and worked very hard to persuade me to sign with her. Though she had not sold much Romance at the time I decided her enthusiasm was a huge point in her favor. No one had ever been enthusiastic about my work before and though other agents had also requested my full manuscript, I knew I might wait months to hear back from them only to get a rejection. So I signed with Emmanuelle.

She repaid my trust in her by selling my novel and two more to Avon after putting the book up for auction. The whole sales process took two weeks from submission to deal. Since selling my books she has sold romances by several more authors.

She will put you through an editing cycle before submitting your work. She suggested some very helpful edits and some that I wasn't crazy about but she did not insist I make all her suggested changes.

I have to add that I love the editor she sold my books to. I had lunch with the editor and Emmanuelle and I feel extremely fortunate to have found the perfect team to publish my books.

--Jenny Brown
    http://lordsoftheseventhhouse.blogspot.com

I had occasion to talk briefly with Emmanuelle last year and found her very nice, professional and friendly. Seemed like she'd be cool to work with.
    http://www.staciakane.com

FIVE DOWN, a Downside anthology, available now!
    Four previously published short stories and one brand new novella, together in one volume.

Click here for more details.

WRONG WAYS DOWN available now!

Hi all - anyone query this agency recently? Ms. Alspaugh in particular?
    Blood in the Stars ~ paranormal romance, Aug 2013 from Soul Mate Publishing
    My Website

I finished my first book seventy-six years ago. I offered it to every publisher on the English-speaking earth I had ever heard of. Their refusals were unanimous: and it did not get into print until, fifty years later, publishers would publish anything that had my name on it ~ George Bernard Shaw

Wielder of the Witchblade Rowan's Avatar
    Yes... but haven't heard back. And I don't think that's a good thing as I've heard she's fast if she likes the material. What's your genre, JJPie?
    "Love will find a way through paths where wolves fear to prey." - Lord Byron

"There is something Pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything." - Lord Byron

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Yes... but haven't heard back. And I don't think that's a good thing as I've heard she's fast if she likes the material. What's your genre, JJPie?
    Thanks Rowan. I queried an urban fantasy, which the agency website indicated was an interest.
    My Website

I finished my first book seventy-six years ago. I offered it to every publisher on the English-speaking earth I had ever heard of. Their refusals were unanimous: and it did not get into print until, fifty years later, publishers would publish anything that had my name on it ~ George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by JJPie View Post
    Thanks Rowan. I queried an urban fantasy, which the agency website indicated was an interest.
    Same here--same genre!
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us.....

"There is something Pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything." - Lord Byron

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Same here--same genre!
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us.....
    Thanks Rowan! How long have you waited?
    My Website

Quote Originally Posted by JJPie View Post
    Thanks Rowan! How long have you waited?
    A little over two weeks.

Undercover, sort of... hillaryjacques's Avatar
    I heard that Emmanuelle Alspaugh will be at the Pennwriters Conference in May - and still has some openings for pitches. www.pennwriters.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast