The Girlie Thread

ACEnders

Self-Banned
Registered
Reaction score
Website
strugglingwritersblog.blogspot.com
On a serious note, I had an appointment with a gynecologist today. My previous pap test with the family doctor was very painful and couldn't be completed, so I had to get a referral to the gynecologist. It was still painful - felt like a needle being stuck in me for a few seconds there - but the gynecologist tried to relax me as much as possible during the procedure. For instance, she left the room while I undressed and then put the speculum in warm water first to get it near body temperature. When it did start to hurt, she said, "I can see the cervix. It'll be over very soon, so just breathe slowly and deeply." That was much better than the family doctor's orders to "Relax! Relax!" I can't relax on command, but I can try to control my breathing, and knowing that it would be over soon helped me to ride it out as well. I didn't even cry.

Then the gynecologist told me that since she didn't normally do pap tests, I'd have to go to the family doctor for my next one and she would ask the family doctor to use the smallest speculum possible rather than the baseball bat model she tried to shove up me. Shoot. :| I'd rather go to her again.

Why did it hurt so much?

Seaclusion

Absolute Parsley
Registered
Reaction score
A couple of the girls from the girlie thread came in and got it locked.

Richard

Seaclusion

Absolute Parsley
Registered
Reaction score
I'd like to respond to that, but I don't want to be reprimanded again.

Richard

Seaclusion

Absolute Parsley
Registered
Reaction score
If I kept it zipped I'd never have any fun.

Richard

Seaclusion

Absolute Parsley
Registered
Reaction score
Wifey hell, it's the mods that scare the bejeebers out of me.

Richard

goatmam

Your imaginary friend
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Well girls I got my Pap results back from what I thought was a normal routine pap like I do every other year... Well it turns out that I tested positive for HPV.... I'm really nervous, all this stuff I've been reading and I don't understand... I feel kind of dirty but I'm not. I don't now why I am sharing this with all you people I don't really know.. It's just I live with my bf who just says it's okay over and over... But men don't really have to worry. I guess I just need more women in my life to talk to who understand these things.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Well girls I got my Pap results back from what I thought was a normal routine pap like I do every other year... Well it turns out that I tested positive for HPV.... I'm really nervous, all this stuff I've been reading and I don't understand... I feel kind of dirty but I'm not. I don't now why I am sharing this with all you people I don't really know.. It's just I live with my bf who just says it's okay over and over... But men don't really have to worry. I guess I just need more women in my life to talk to who understand these things.

Honey, he's saying that cause he's the one that gave it to you. ;)

I had it, may still, but my last pap came back fine. I'm just not ready to accept that it's gone, after what I've read too. But whatever.

Get routine checks. Also, ask about cryo-something-or-other. They'll freeze it out of you. I had that done, but didn't have another check up for 2 years so I don't know if that took care of it, or if it just disappeared on its own, which I've heard can happen. Either way, last summer I came out clean.

Then, I asked, since I'd come out clean, if I could get the shot that they are advertising now, and he knew nothing of it. Go figure.

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
If I recall, I think she's a V. So, nothin ever been in there. Or is that somebody else????? Sorry if it is someone else.

I guess I am a V (first time I've seen this term, but I like it). I don't think of myself as one because I've had other kinds of sex, but technically I'm a V. I guess that's one reason it hurt - the other may be that I'm physically tiny. My coworkers gave me suggestions from "use tampons" to "find a nice guy and have sex with him".

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I guess I am a V (first time I've seen this term, but I like it). I don't think of myself as one because I've had other kinds of sex, but technically I'm a V. I guess that's one reason it hurt - the other may be that I'm physically tiny. My coworkers gave me suggestions from "use tampons" to "find a nice guy and have sex with him".

You could also work yourself in with a nice "massager". They've got skinny ones, short ones, long ones, fat ones, and ginormous ones. :)

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Happy 4th gals!!! May you all party hard, eat lots of barbecue, get drunk, get laid and totally love it all!!!!

Oh, and be safe with those M-80's!!!!