The Girlie Thread

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
I'm kind of disturbed by Janna's and Queen's stories of rough, rude and unpleasant medical treatment. Especially by both you ladies being polite and/or silent when you are actually in pain, in shock or thoroughly embarassed.

I know that girl children in particular are brought up to be polite and respectful, but ladies, please, we really do have to be more assertive in expecting kind and professional medical treatment.

I'm not picking on Janna and Queen. I've done the same damn thing. Why did I allow the frickin' medical student to (unsuccessfully) practice finding a vein over and over again. Why didn't I say "Yes, it DOES frickin' hurt" when I was getting my breasts flattened in the mammo machine. Why did I keep going to the doctor who was far too busy and important to actually listen to me?

Ladies - we gotta do better!

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
Thanks for the sympathy, ladies. :) It helps a lot. And if this thread is still active after my appointment, I'll let you know how it goes.

dolores - I'd like to have ditched the doctor, but it's not easy to get a family doctor here - especially since I don't have a car and am limited to who I can reach on the public transport system. Many of them don't accept new clients - heck, this one gave me an interview before she decided to take me on. Free health care... I guess you get what you pay for.

Last edited:

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Why didn't I say "Yes, it DOES frickin' hurt" when I was getting my breasts flattened in the mammo machine. Ladies - we gotta do better!
Okay, here goes: Same thing here. Two years ago, under my sister's urging, I went for a mammo. I had gone before, but this time I think I had the tech from hell. She did okay with the left one, but she seemed annoyed and SLAMMED the machine on top of the right one. I gave a yelp.

She looked at me like I was an idiot and said, "No one ever complains like that!"

I said, "This one hurt!"

She shrugged.

A week later, I went for a check-up. The dr. noticed the right breast seemed weird. Of course it seemed weird. It got smushed! Sent for more mammos. Ten of them in a row. More smushing. Tsk,tsk. Looks strange. Needle aspiration needed for that breast. OUCH. Guess what? Nothing. It was from that stupid tech's mistake of slamming the machine on it in the first place. ARGGGH.

So yeah, I did speak up but to no avail. I was "too sensitive." Right. Try being in labor for three days then have an episiotomy tear.

Queen said:
Free health care... I guess you get what you pay for.
I didn't have that. I had insurance through my husband. So, it doesn't matter. I still get treated like **&(*&^% .

Last edited:

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
OK, here's a funnier story. This happened in Dubai, when I was having medical tests to qualify me for immigration to Canada. I needed a chest X-ray, so I put on a gown and went into the X-ray room.

The technician said that I needed to have the gown off, and my bare boobs pressed to the X-ray machine-plate-thingy. I was a bit surprised, but I did as she said, and put my hands on the backs of my hips in the correct position.

Then she said, "You need to have your hair up or it'll interfere with the X-ray."

"I have a scrunchy in my jacket pocket," I said, so she retrieved it and came over, stood behind me and put my hair up. I was still a bit confused, but I got the X-ray done and went off.

Later on one of my friends pointed out to me that X-rays are perfectly capable of traveling through hair, because vets would find it very difficult to X-ray animals otherwise. Then I saw the technician's helpfulness in a somewhat different light.

dolores haze

Registered
Reaction score
I think we all deserve some chocolate!

PRO1228.jpg

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Ever been felt up by an 70 year old male free teen clinic doctor?

I didn't have health insurance, so was seeing a doc at a local teen clinic - I was in my early 20's....anywho, I'm laid out on the table in my gown, there for a pap and who knows what else, can't really remember, and he happily demonstrated the wrong way to self exam my breasts......I almost died. He then went on to show me the correct way. I wasn't sure if that was his way of feeling me up, or if it was his sense of humor. Ick.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I went to a proctologist the other day, and the son of a bitch shoved his--

Oops, wrong thread. :D

Which reminds of a friend who fell in love with his female proctologist. He kept going back to her for the silliest reasons, until she realized he just liked to be felt up.

She finally put her foot down and told him to never return.

The following day, he was back again, complaining of "blockage."

She told him to leave, but then became concerned by his obvious pain.

She had him bend over and reached in to find a long stemmed red rose. Then another, and another and another until a dozen roses had been retrieved.

She said, "You're sick. Now get the hell out of my office before I call security."

The man, still bent over, said, "But I love you! It's all spelled out in the card if you'll take the trouble to find it..."

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Okay, S.K.--you're a great mod. Now go away! :D

Queen-- I read that story from your link. Ugh! I really, really can't believe there are women who'd fall for that. Probably thought (delusionally) that he was some kindly country-type doctor who made house calls. From the last century. There's a fool born every minute.

Last edited:

Eskimo1990

is here :)
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh!!
I don't know why I'm letting this bug me so much!
I was 'involved' with this guy for a long time. A year..give or take some months.
While we were 'involved' he still had a girlfriend. Well it's complicated and I'm not getting into much details about it. Anyways.
Now he's saying he never cared about me.
I know that's not true...but it pisses me off so much. Ugh I need chocolate and a hug.

Tink

Just soaking up some R&R...
Registered
Reaction score
Um'k, I have a rant this morning...Last night hubby and I are talking about his job right and he had to be taken to the doc. the other day to get a sliver of steel out of his eye (he is ok now) and anyway the Secretary is the one who had to drive him to the eye doc. Now we have known woman for about five yrs. and I have always liked her. She is a cut up and alot of fun and she and my hubby is always cuttin' up w/each other but I think they took it too far on the drive to the eye-doc. Hubby gets in truck w/her and immediately turns to her and tells her to find a deserted gravel road out in country and she replies w/she'd have to go get a fifth of whiskey first and then all HA HA HA!!!
My husband tells me all this last night and I am greatful for his honesty but I am not grateful for the way they were joking around and when I told him my feelings 'bout it he actually got mad at me!!! Why? What did I do wrong? Was I suppose to be all "Oh, you are so sweet and wonderful for telling me you propositioned another woman even if it was all suppose to be in innocent fun...." Anybody got any advice? Did I mess up for expressing my true feelings about it 'cuz now he won't be so honest w/me or did I do the right thing?

Tink

Registered
Reaction score
Thnx, Stormie, I did tell him that and even wound up apologizing (how the h#&$ did that happen)to him as if I was the one in the wrong...and I hope u r right but I think he started thinking 'bout it and realized that maybe the sec. would wind up saying something to me 'bout it (all in fun of course, yeah right!) and he thought he'd tell me 1st so he wouldn't seem like he did anything wrong...but I could be wrong about that too so I don't know-maybe I am makin' too much out of it and jumping to all the wrong conclusions...

...but it feels good knowing that I can come here w/it :) Thnx again JW for startin' this thread.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Tink, I'm glad you were able to talk it over with your husband.

On the doctor exam stories, I grew up in a tiny town and there was one doctor and I had to go to him to get my physical for my release to play school sports. Um, I almost didn't play sports the next year because I didn't want to go through that again. My mom took me to a doctor about 50 miles away and I received a real physical, and then and only then did I realize how terrible our small town doc was. Gets better, just last year, I heard he was arrested, practicing without a license, he never had one. Wasn't even a real doctor. Had all of us fooled. He practiced 22 years in that town.

Tink

Registered
Reaction score
OMG, did he get in trouble (the fake doc) or what? That gives me the creeps and I am not even the one who had to endure him....

dolores haze

Registered
Reaction score
Me and my hubby work through these situations by trying to put ourselves in each other's positions. Things become clearer then.

Like, for instance, the time he went to a bachelor party in Vegas and they all ended up at a strip club getting lap dances. The fact that he came home and told me about it made him think that everything was above board and quite OK. He wasn't trying to hide anything from me after all. When I asked him if it was then OK for me to deposit myself in the lap of a stange man and give him the lap dance treatment, he changed his mind on how appropriate his actions had been.

Tink

Registered
Reaction score
Me and my hubby work through these situations by trying to put ourselves in each other's positions. Things become clearer then.
I ask him how he would feel if I did the same thing and at first he was like..."I don't know, wouldn't bother me if it was in fun" but then this morning he agreed that he wouldn't like it all if I did that...HUMMM, Go figure????!!!!!

Like, for instance, the time he went to a bachelor party in Vegas and they all ended up at a strip club getting lap dances. The fact that he came home and told me about it made him think that everything was above board and quite OK. He wasn't trying to hide anything from me after all. When I asked him if it was then OK for me to deposit myself in the lap of a stange man and give him the lap dance treatment, he changed his mind on how appropriate his actions had been
Exactly, it as if they are honest w/us then the slate is wiped clean or something but really it doesn't work that way in my mind. Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful that he was honest w/me and I don't want him to stop being honest but I wonder...What Would He Have Done if ole' gal secretary would have headed out to the country?????????????????????????????????

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
OMG, did he get in trouble (the fake doc) or what? That gives me the creeps and I am not even the one who had to endure him....
Oh yeah. He's in prison now. And the really sad thing, the so-called physical I got from him, well, I was only 12 years old. Here's more unsettling news, the guy I dated my freshman year in HS, his parents made him go to that doc all the time, and he had some weird and disturbing stories from that doc too. I think the doc was a sick, sick man.