The Girlie Thread

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Jenn-75, do u see what u have caused by recommending we take our clothes off...we got all kinds of men lurking 'bout this thread now...LOL

To be fair, I am no longer in the thread. I am in the bushes OUTSIDE the thread peering in.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
What are you missing? In a nutshell:

Touch your body, feel your body, love your body, love you.

Minutes in TN and minutes in L.A. are two totally different concepts.

Traffic sucks.

Schedules suck.

Being taken off your schedule sucks even more.

Arses are hott.

Guys lurk in here a lot hoping for naked pillow fights.

Mel's hubby loved her stirfry.

I'm hott.

That's all you need to know. :)

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Time for a rant...........

I have got to get some chocolate NOW!!!!! I HAVE TO!!!!!

I got some m&ms. Carry on.

Last edited:

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, that's how it is here too.

ETA: It's strange because where I grew up in CO, everyone used street names. Turn east on Main street then in three blocks, turn north on Washington. Here it's like, go down the road, go through one stop light, then when you get to the Taco Bell, turn left. You'll pass a Piggly Wiggly, then see a billboard for dirtbikes, turn right there. It's about five minutes from there. Distance is also measured in minutes instead of miles, which I find interesting.
Don't forget the - turn at the old Smith house- even though the Smiths haven't lived there for 20 years and I've only lived in the area a year. Yeah, um, which house is that?

Sass- who told someone the other day to turn where the Wal-mart USED TO BE. Oy.

OH OH OH- I just thought of something else.

I knew I lived in Los Angeles too long when someone asked me and my friend how to get somewhere and we said, "Well you go on this street until you get to Madonna's house..."

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I knew I lived in Los Angeles too long when someone asked me and my friend how to get somewhere and we said, "Well you go on this street until you get to Madonna's house..."

Silly Sass....Madonna is a brit. She's over on the other side of the pond.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
OOOOOOOOOOOOK...normally I'd be thrilled that I get to leave this place in 30 minutes.....but not today. It's almost time for the darned recital and I need a drink. Rant, bitch, moan, grunt, repeat.

Argh.

AmyDoodle

I'm a Bajaffe!
Registered
Reaction score
2nd star to the right and 10 miles west of Sugar T
Website
www.mindovermullis.blogspot.com
Don't forget the - turn at the old Smith house- even though the Smiths haven't lived there for 20 years and I've only lived in the area a year. Yeah, um, which house is that?

Yep, that's good Southern directions right there. I grew up in the Brockman house. Everybody in town knew where it was. Even had a big B worked into the design of the mailbox stand. The Brockmans had been dead for about 10 years.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, that's good Southern directions right there. I grew up in the Brockman house. Everybody in town knew where it was. Even had a big B worked into the design of the mailbox stand. The Brockmans had been dead for about 10 years.

Good Southern directions, indeed. :) Not two weeks ago, my mom was out on her front porch and some freaking weirdo came walking down the RR tracks carrying a shotgun. She lives in West Virginia so shotguns aren't that unusual, but they are at night especially when the guy carrying it is weaving around, barely able to stand up. I begged her to call the cops and she hesitated. I told her I had to go, looked up the local state police detachment in her town, told them what was up and gave them these directions:

Turn in at the old post office (which hasn't been a post office in probably 20 years), go across the tracks, circle around the block until you come to the old set of tracks that are closed off now. He went into the woods down by the last old house in the row with the black truck in the driveway.

Nary a street name in sight, and the dispatcher AND the cops knew exactly what I was talking about!

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
LOL! Well, I'm glad you all can get those directions down, but I struggle. And there's too many roads that turn into other roads once you cross this or that intersection, and too many roads with the same name, Well, that's Ben's Road, and that there, that's Old Ben's Road, Now, that one over yonder, that's Ben's Bend, but only until you reach the ol' applemill site, then it becomes New Mill Road.

Huh? What old mill site. This is a six lane road running through a fully developed commercial district. Where the hell was an applemill? What the hell is an applemill?

Sadly, I have found myself giving the same type of directions recently. Turn at such and such school, you know where the BP used to be. How far? Uh, I'd say about ten minutes.

:D

I'm doomed.

Next thing you know, I'll be saying y'all.

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
I have a happy rant. We almost bought two Chihuahua puppies about half an hour ago. We've wanted one for awhile and my girlfriend called from the vet (shots for her puppy) and said they have two. We rushed down and almost bought them, but it felt too impulsive. The parents of my friend's puppy are having another litter in September, so we put our names down for those instead. So CUTE!

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Fun, fun quickWit! Puppies are cute.

I have a happy rant too. Heard from Hubby this morning! He hadn't slept in two days but he was alive and seemingly healthy and still him, sweet and charming. Woo-hoo!

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
Fun, fun quickWit! Puppies are cute.

I have a happy rant too. Heard from Hubby this morning! He hadn't slept in two days but he was alive and seemingly healthy and still him, sweet and charming. Woo-hoo!

Hee hee, check the name again.

Yay for hearing from your husband!

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Dang avatars the same!

Okay, I'm on cloud nine right now and not really paying attention.

Sorry.

:D