The Girlie Thread

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Hey, AC, did the drs. think maybe you could be lactose intolerant (that's much easier to control than Celiac's disease)? My younger son was so, so sick when he was about ten, horrible cramping and pain, hardly could eat. Had a three hour tolerance test (he watched tv in the waiting room. They gave him something to drink and then every thirty minutes had him breathe into some machine).

Hope they find what's going on with you soon so you can feel better!

Kitrianna

Official Bad Cat's Prez
Registered
Reaction score
In one of THOSE moods. Look out people, no one is
Oh AC, you poor thing. I went through a time where I couldn't touch eggs (truthfully I'm still scared of the little buggers) and I started reading labels. Eggs, wheat and soy are in EVERYTHING. I always used to console myself by saying that at least I could still eat homemade bread stuff... I hope that tests turns out negative and it's something simpler to manage like lactose intolerance as stormie suggested. Take a couple pills when you eat dairy stuff and you're fine (can you tell that I have it?). I hope you're feeling better soon and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
hey, all. I've been really upset about this about this and thought I'd ask you guys. My sister threw a party for my mom's 90th b-day and when the invitation came, I was stunned. Howie wasn't invited! I asked my sister about it and she said it was because she hadn't seen him in a long time. She thought she was perfectly justified in not including him. What do you think about that? I feel that because he is my hubby that should be reason enough to have him there. She knew he couldn't travel with his bad back, so it would just have been a courtesy invitation anyway. PS The party was 4/13, but it's 6/17 and I'm still po'd that she did that and they never had any bad exchanges between each other.

Last edited:

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Oh, Susie! She should have invited Howie, bad back or not, and let HIM make his own decision. That happened to my husband a few years ago when he was going through chemo. Our neighbors had a wedding for their daughter and it was in town here. They invited me, but not my husband! I did approach them about it, just to see if maybe, perhaps, it was a slip-up. Nope. They assumed he couldn't come! But they did mumble an apology and he was invited (and he did manage to go).

Ask your sister if she could please resend the invite so Howie could make his own decision. Oh, wait a minute. That party was last month, right? Geez. Maybe ask your sister to dash off a note to Howie? Hmmm....

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks much, Stormie and Kit. Much appreciated. It's good to know that I'm not the only one who felt it was wrong. Nah, she's not the type to do that, stormie, unfortunately, so I'll just have to forget about it. Thx much for the suggestion, though and so sorry your hubby had to go thru chemo and the neighbor did that to him. I don't know what's wrong with some people's thinking... I'm just glad Howie wasn't upset (or at least he said he wasn't), but I was and am still annoyed by it. :Hug2:

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Susie that was unbelievably rude and disrespectful of your sister. He is your husband (and I know he's totally sweet too) and he should have been included, if not for his sake, for yours. Thank goodness you're just kind and sweet enough to eventually get through this with your sister, but she does owe you and Howie an apology.

Eskimo1990

is here :)
Registered
Reaction score
That's just wrong, Susie!

How is everyone today?

I myself am great :) Alllll smiles :) MANY smiles actually :) Oooohhh I can't stop smiling :)

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score
hey, all. I've been really upset about this about this and thought I'd ask you guys. My sister threw a party for my mom's 90th b-day and when the invitation came, I was stunned. Howie wasn't invited! I asked my sister about it and she said it was because she hadn't seen him in a long time. She thought she was perfectly justified in not including him. What do you think about that? <snipped>

I'd think he's family - after how many years? - as much as anyone else, and it was incredibly rude and inconsiderate for this to have happened. Including Howie in the invitation should have been as natural as rinsing her hair after shampooing in the shower. I don't want to rag since it's not my place, Susie, but I'm very sorry for the situation that's been handed to you, and I hope you're able to push through the stress and upset.

:Hug2:

Eskimo1990

is here :)
Registered
Reaction score
Okay I need some help. If you want to help me I ask that you not judge the decisions that I have made. I just don't know what to do...and I can't talk to my best friend about it because it involves her...so please...someone PM me and help....:-\

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
TELL ME YOU DIDN'T TRY AND CONTACT THE OTHER GIRLFRIEND????? You did, didn't you?

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that NOBODY has a rant this afternoon??? Are we all at the happiest point in our cycles that we have no complaints/bitches/rants/raves....nothin?????

I'll start.

Gosh darn it. I've got nothin.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Oaky, rant on demand. Hmmm.

Got it!

My foot is asleep!!! I hate that!!! I, uh, have sat cross-legged too long and now my damn left foot is numb. Terrible. Rant worthy. Numb. Not awake.

As an interesting side note, my left ankle has two plates and six screws in it.

Tink

Just soaking up some R&R...
Registered
Reaction score
Oaky, rant on demand. Hmmm.

Got it!

My foot is asleep!!! I hate that!!! I, uh, have sat cross-legged too long and now my damn left foot is numb. Terrible. Rant worthy. Numb. Not awake.

As an interesting side note, my left ankle has two plates and six screws in it.
Ouch!!!

Tink

Just soaking up some R&R...
Registered
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that NOBODY has a rant this afternoon??? Are we all at the happiest point in our cycles that we have no complaints/bitches/rants/raves....nothin?????

I'll start.

Gosh darn it. I've got nothin.
I really don't have anything either but I wanted to post 'cuz I haven't had time in awhile...but give me time and I am sure I can find something to rant about...:D

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Tink. It's awake now. . .it was a short-lived rant, but I tried.

:D

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
I could get into a serious rant about Hubby being deployed for 15 months, but it wouldn't really be a rant, it'd be more of a waaaaahhhh, I feel sorry for myself, kind of rant, and that is just not fun. . .Not for anyone.

I'm going out to eat with a beautiful pair of people, my kids. :D

I'll be back later. . .And I'd better see a respectable rant.

JK.