The Girlie Thread

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh and while we're on the topic of late and bitchy..... I'm sharing this fantastic link which I've used for the past 3 years to track my cycle and moods...physically and emotionally.

www.mymonthlycycles.com

It's so worth checking out....for those of you who aren't on birth control, and still are blessed with the monthly bugger.

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score
Did it work?

Just before bed he apologized - at which point I said, "I appreciate your apology, but it's about more than just an 'I'm sorry'." - and today he's been "better behaved."

And I'm so sorry about that cursed migraine, hooey. Should a few of us ladies yell at those workers? We'll show 'em who's boss. Or, hoo's boss, either way.

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
Just before bed he apologized - at which point I said, "I appreciate your apology, but it's about more than just an 'I'm sorry'." - and today he's been "better behaved."

And I'm so sorry about that cursed migraine, hooey. Should a few of us ladies yell at those workers? We'll show 'em who's boss. Or, hoo's boss, either way.

LOL, thanks. My husband did talk to the developers about them making loud noise well after 8pm every day. Even Sunday. I guess I shouldn't complain about him. ;)

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score
Jennifer, thanks for the link!

Queen, that sucks. I think there's little pain worse than cramps or a migraine. It's so hard to function with either. And how sad is it that, often times, the two accompany one another? Blasted hormones.

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, janna. Sympathy helps. :)

I've been thinking of getting a prescription for birth control pills, just to cut down on the number of periods.

Yeah, this'll definitely keep the guys away. ;)

In my experience, pills lessened my cramps, too. They were so bad before they'd make me throw up, but they all but disappeared once on a prescription. Something to talk to your doctor about, anyway.

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score
Are you on anything, Jennifer? (Not to be nosy, of course.) Besides the purpose of eliminating cramps, I was also originally put on pills to regulate my cycle. In high school I'd go months with no period. But the pills (I think it was Ortho-Tri Cyclen back then) fixed that, too.

Tink

Just soaking up some R&R...
Registered
Reaction score
Jw, I have been away from the AW quite a bit today but managed to come back in for a min. and I just found this thread...LOVE IT BTW!!!! Girl talk, b!%cH!^&, pm'sing, griping 'bout the men...perfect thread indeed :).

...but I don't really have anything to fuss about right now but I can promise you I will be back later (if not sooner)! :D

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Are you on anything, Jennifer? (Not to be nosy, of course.) Besides the purpose of eliminating cramps, I was also originally put on pills to regulate my cycle. In high school I'd go months with no period. But the pills (I think it was Ortho-Tri Cyclen back then) fixed that, too.

Like meds? Or BC? Neither. And I'm always a 28-31 day cycle....but now I'm a 39 day cycle....I'm putting all bets on the shingles. My shingles came out a week after my last P - And had them, controlled with the Valtrex, during my ovulation - sorry boys...tmi? so I don't know if this threw my body out of whack.

Tink

Just soaking up some R&R...
Registered
Reaction score
Hooray! I hope it proves to be a worthwhile thread. :)
We girls must keep this thread alive if for no other reason than to irriatate the men, k? :D

I will try to post here as often as I can even if nothing is bothering me.

The Girlie Thread must Survive!!!! *chanting, lighting candles and incense while pouring myself a glass of wine*

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I really don't know what to post, since I'm even past menopause. It should be called womanopause. :) but since it's Janna's great thread, I wanted to add my two cents to it, even if it's minimal. lol. Sure hope you don't have shingles, Jenn.

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score
Susie, you're still welcome to post about anything concerning you; it doesn't have to be about hormones or periods. Glad you stopped by!

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
We girls must keep this thread alive if for no other reason than to irriatate the men, k? :D

I will try to post here as often as I can even if nothing is bothering me.

The Girlie Thread must Survive!!!! *chanting, lighting candles and incense while pouring myself a glass of wine*

Yea, totally with ya...and with that I'll add....

I asked my Gyno once if my ovulation was normal because I cramp worse than during my P, he told me "be happy you know when you have an egg"....I felt like a hen. "Be glad" ???? That was all I got.

Jongfan

Insane, in a good way
Registered
Reaction score
First mistake, Jenn.. male gyno.. how the hell can he know your level of pain..
sheesh.. give men a kidney stone ONCE and they whine.. yet.. while you're giving birth and it feels like a buick is being driven through your abdomen.. they say "breath"

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
First mistake, Jenn.. male gyno.. how the hell can he know your level of pain..
sheesh.. give men a kidney stone ONCE and they whine.. yet.. while you're giving birth and it feels like a buick is being driven through your abdomen.. they say "breath"

Oooooooooooooooh Fabulous!!!! I love it! So true! B@st@rds!!!!!

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score
Yea, totally with ya...and with that I'll add....

I asked my Gyno once if my ovulation was normal because I cramp worse than during my P, he told me "be happy you know when you have an egg"....I felt like a hen. "Be glad" ???? That was all I got.

Reminds me of the Kotex slogan: Have a happy period. What the flip! Obviously, a marketing team of no one but men was behind that.

Jongfan, you're so right. I can remember within hours of birthing my firstborn, my husband grunted and growled from my hospital room's bathroom. He called, "I think I just crapped an 8-lb turd!" Yeah, right. If he only knew.

Last edited:

Anthony Matias

Registered
Reaction score
KidneyStone003.jpg

give men a kidney stone ONCE and they whine
:D

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
Hee, hee. Maybe Anthony should be allowed in the thread. He IS a stay-at-home dad, and he DID give birth to two beautiful, bouncing kidney stones.

Let him stay. C'mon. We can send him out for tampax and midol when the going gets tough.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com