The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: The Sigurd Journal

Frustrated Pluviophile seaaircarol's Avatar

The Sigurd Journal

Does anyone know if The Sigurd Journal is still in business? Their first issue was supposed to come out on February 15, but their website has nothing. Duotrope lists some pending responses (including mine) and it looks like someone received word from them the other day. Still, it seems odd that their first issue isn't out yet...

Moderators--please move if this isn't the correct forum.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Adding link: http://www.sigurdjournal.com/

And, FWIW, the blog of of the staff: http://suannewarr.com/blog/
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Frustrated Pluviophile seaaircarol's Avatar
    I found out that they are still in business. It may be that their first issue *did* come out in print, but their website hasn't been updated.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Closing Down
    August 27th, 2009

This won’t come as too great a surprise to those of you who have been patiently waiting for the next issue to emerge, and we appreciate your understanding:

The Sigurd Journal is no longer in production. Our thanks to all the great writers we were able to work with and our many appreciative readers. We really enjoyed the ride.
    The blog entry offers some insight.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: