Look, a Newbie! Kill it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpinsky

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, all!

I just signed up with Absolute Write's Water Cooler about two days ago (and, incidentally, I turned eighteen three days ago), and I am absolutely loving it here! It is quite refreshing to be among other forum-goers who love to write and perfer to use correct usage and mechanics than internet shorthand (something which I've deeply abhorred since I first learned about it).

I am set to graduate high school on June 12, 2008, and will be hard at work on my memoir after Beach Week (what our school calls the week after graduation). In August, I will be set to go to Mary Baldwin College to participate in their military program, called the Virginia Women's Institute for Leadership. I plan to major in English and Buisness Management, with a minor in Leadership Studies.

Now, on to what everyone's been waiting for: my interests in the writing world! :)

When it comes to reading, my tastes run from both ends of the spectrum and everything in between. As long as it captures my attention within the first three pages, you can bet that I'll be holding on to that book for the rest of my life (or buy it if I've checked it out from the library). If I had to choose a specific genre, however, I'd have to say it's really dark urban fantasy. The darker it is, the better, especially if it has some sexual undertones lying beneath it (though I can't say I'm a big fan of Laurell K. Hamilton's work; it's a little bit too hard core sexually for me). :)

As such, I enjoying writing in the same genre that I read, and tend to be able to express myself more if I am writing in the first person point of view (though I'm not quite sure why).

Now, I'll be honest with you guys. I started out by writing fanfiction (which I still write to this very day), but I think that if I hadn't, I would have never gotten very far in my writing skills. About a year ago, I learned the joys of original writings, and haven't stopped since.

I think I'll stop here for the moment since I've probably babbled your ear off by now.

Yes, I ramble. Can't you tell? :)

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: Nice to have you here and congrats on the upcoming graduation- oh and don't worry- we seldom kill newbies before the third post-:D

mpinsky

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I'm not worried. I'm armed, see! I have a loaf of stale French bread!

Thanks for the best wishes! ;)

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Now, where did I put the Autosplattic Newbie Pulveriser? I know it was here yesterday. Hmmmm.

17.gif

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
*tries to hide the fact there is still squished newbie stuck to the bottom of her shoe*

:welcome:

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

mpinsky

Registered
Reaction score
Well, if Melaniehoo says I'm going to be "gently roasted", I guess I'll have mine burnt then. ;)

dirtsider

Not so new, really
Registered
Reaction score
We don't bite... much..... without permission....

(Hides all the swords and maces and daggers.)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW.

Don't worry, we don't kill newbies . . . until we get hungry.

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score
good you mentioned your age, kid. (goes back to cleanin' her rifle).

Teena

Bennie's Mom
Registered
Reaction score
:hi:Welcome!

Yeah, they killed me when I was a newbie, but I came back in the next scene as a case of mistaken identity.

Enjoy college....when it's over hard time begins. Y'know, job, mortgage, electric bills, paying to eat...stuff like that.

Welcome to the Cooler. I lied earlier about the killing, the natives here are friendly. ;)

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
You certainly have things all mapped out. You've got a busy life ahead of you and I'm glad you managed to include AW in it. Welcome.

writin52

Registered
Reaction score
Awwww, I would never kill a newbie. I like 'em fresh and still kicking(just joking, drool, drool) Anyway, I think a certain amount of rambling is almost a requirement when at the Cooler, how else can we avoid the snapping jaws of our latest WIP? Anyway, :welcome:

Status
Not open for further replies.