• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Lyrical Press

hsavage

Registered
Reaction score
If they like the story Evernight would probably take it. Not sure if they do simultaneous submissions though.

So they won't take a submission when I have it submitted to other publishing houses? I thought simultaneous submissions meant not to send it to them more than once lol

hsavage

Registered
Reaction score
Well, it sounds like you've cast your net far and wide, so chances are you'll get a hit from someone. How about Wild Rose Press? I see they specifically mention shifters. Here's the link for their catalog of those types of books. http://www.wildrosepublishing.com/maincatalog_v151/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=242_177 There's a submission link on that page too. If I see any more places for you to sub, I'll post it on this thread.

Best of luck!

Thank you! I will look them up <3 I don't think I'd heard of them before.

S.C. Wynne

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sc-wynne.com
So they won't take a submission when I have it submitted to other publishing houses? I thought simultaneous submissions meant not to send it to them more than once lol

My understanding of simultaneous submissions is they don't want the author simultaneously submitting the same story to other publishing houses.

Zombie Fraggle

Thick Skin Pre-Installed
Registered
Reaction score

Simultaneous submissions = submitting the same manuscript to more than one publishing house.

Multiple submissions = submitting more than one manuscript to the same publishing house.

hsavage

Registered
Reaction score
Oh :-( I guess I'll have to wait to sub to them then. I hope I at least get replies from all the other publishing houses so I'm not waiting for a "no reply = no" type deal.

Ookiewookie

Registered
Reaction score
Kensington's Lyrical Imprint

Has anyone on here had any experience with Kensington's Lyrical Press imprint? They are open to submissions, so I sent off a query letter to Michaela Hamilton. I'll post again if I get a response.

Yes, Popgun62, I'm contracted for a trilogy with Lyrical. I'd initially subbed to them through Submittable. So far everything's working out fine. Book one will make a debut in October. Subsequent books will be about 7 months apart. My experience with them has been positive.

popgun62

Keeper of the pace.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tobytatestories.com
Yes, Popgun62, I'm contracted for a trilogy with Lyrical. I'd initially subbed to them through Submittable. So far everything's working out fine. Book one will make a debut in October. Subsequent books will be about 7 months apart. My experience with them has been positive.

According to the website, they have expanded beyond romance, and are looking for "compelling psychological suspense fiction and thrillers," among other things. I'm hoping that's still true, since I queried Michaela Hamilton for an occult detective thriller.

Ookiewookie

Registered
Reaction score
According to the website, they have expanded beyond romance, and are looking for "compelling psychological suspense fiction and thrillers," among other things. I'm hoping that's still true, since I queried Michaela Hamilton for an occult detective thriller.

From what I hear, some of the editors at Carina are looking for that very same thing. Wouldn't hurt to look into that as well.

Megan Morgan

I like the night life, baby.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.meganmorganauthor.com
I have an urban fantasy trilogy with them, the third one comes out in July. It's been a great experience. Very responsive, they put a good bit of marketing into my books, I've always been paid on time. If you want to know more or anything specific, you can PM me if you like.

popgun62

Keeper of the pace.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tobytatestories.com
I have an urban fantasy trilogy with them, the third one comes out in July. It's been a great experience. Very responsive, they put a good bit of marketing into my books, I've always been paid on time. If you want to know more or anything specific, you can PM me if you like.

Thanks. Message sent.

popgun62

Keeper of the pace.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tobytatestories.com
Fast reply from Michaela Hamilton: [FONT=&quot]Hello and thanks for your query. I’m afraid I’m not a fan of paranormal detective novels. Good luck in placing your work elsewhere.[/FONT]

Oh, well. Still have subs out with Quirk Books and Hydra.[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Ookiewookie

Registered
Reaction score
The thing with this business is you just have to keep plugging away, subbing, subbing, subbing. Sounds like you're on the right track. Just "Steven King" the rejection and nail it on the wall with others you might have received.

Best of luck.

CristinaRoswell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cristinaroswell.net
Sent my query a couple days ago through their 'Submittable' manager and got a rejection within a few hours. Quickest 'no' ever!
(First post here but have been following this forum from the shadows since last year, lol)

Demiurge

Registered
Reaction score
Did they kill off the Submittable? I can't seem to find it anymore.

Demiurge

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I've read that, but those instructions were always there. It's just that they used to have a Submittable to go along with that.

Old Editor

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Lyrical was bought by Kensington. If you are a well-established author, you can query them directly. They do respond better to agented queries. Lyrical pays on net, usually no advance, or sometimes (at publisher's discretion), $2500 on launch, but the books are now being prepared by Kensington editors, with great care and flare. And popgun62, Michaela (pronounced Mike-a-la) is now EIC for Lyrical Underground--paranormal mysteries, so it couldn't hurt to try her again.

ccbridges

Registered
Reaction score
Website
ccbridges.net
I'm looking for some more recent information on this press. From what I can tell, you can sub to either Lyrical or Kensington without an agent. Is there an advantage to one over the other, since they are both under the same owners?

Thanks!