• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Fox Literary Agency (Diana Fox)

Sunshine13

Mom by day, writer by night!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
christacarol.com
I'm with Lilly. Met her at the DFWCon. She's a super sweet, passionate-about-the-biz lady. I'd give up cupcakes the rest of my life for her as my agent. Good luck to everyone! She seems the type who definitely gets back to you one way or another.

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
Seeing quite a few rejections on QueryTracker as of late, but my 4/13 query has yet to be answered. I'm guessing she's still not requesting material? I can wait, but I wish there was some way to know that my query got there safely.

Of course, I wouldn't really mind if I had to resend - I've edited the first chapter since, so the first five pages I sent her are from the previous draft.

elae

time to draw
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.niki-smith.com
Seeing quite a few rejections on QueryTracker as of late, but my 4/13 query has yet to be answered. I'm guessing she's still not requesting material? I can wait, but I wish there was some way to know that my query got there safely.

Of course, I wouldn't really mind if I had to resend - I've edited the first chapter since, so the first five pages I sent her are from the previous draft.

She just tweeted this today: "I'm trying to reply to 800+ queries in my inbox."
So I figure she has it and is just working her way through a very full inbox!

Gray Rose

Beware of the Thorns!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
roselemberg.net
I just wanted to say that I still haven't heard from Ms. Fox about my full, which I submitted on Jan.4 2009. Yes, I did query repeatedly (see upthread). I no longer expect to get an answer from her, and moved on to other things, but this does make me rather sad.

KookyKat

Registered
Reaction score
Does Diana Fox acknowledge receipt of fulls? She requested one from me a couple of weeks ago but I got no acknowledgment so wondering whether to chase to check she received it or just leave be?

valeriek

Registered
Reaction score
I sent her a full last week and didn't receive a confirmation either. I assumed that was normal though.

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
Still nothing regarding my 4/13 query. I decided to resubmit just in case.

Elizabeth Holloway

Pass the sugar
Registered
Reaction score
Does Diana Fox acknowledge receipt of fulls? She requested one from me a couple of weeks ago but I got no acknowledgment so wondering whether to chase to check she received it or just leave be?

She acknowledged receipt of the full I sent on 4/25 and she acknowledged receipt of the revision I sent on 6/16. I'd resend if you didn't get acknowlegement after a week or so.

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still waiting on an April 9th query to Diana... it seems she's still considering it. I sent it again at the beginning of June just to be sure, and I didn't hear anything from that, either.

valeriek

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for that info Beth Light! I resent my full.

Also for the record, I queried 6/2, full request 6/3.

jennifer williams

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Annarkie! Keep us updated on your progress!

I just looked it up and realized I never got an answer to the query I sent her on 2/17. Is she usually a no response means no or has my query gotten lost in the spammonster?

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
"At this time 5 other agents are considering the manuscript. I'll contact you immediately if I receive any offers."

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Annarkie! Perhaps she's going through her 'maybe' pile. That'd certainly be nice.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Friday is the one-year anniversary of sending her my revised novel. I'll be status querying her then. She has answered all of my SQs but the last one.

Brooks

Registered
Reaction score
I sent Miss Fox my query May 1st, but I still haven't heard anything. I guess I'll wait a full three months before I try and send it again. I'm hoping I'm in a "maybe" pile somewhere. :)

Sakura-chan

Registered
Reaction score
FYI: I sent her a query on June 4/10 and got rejected on June 27/10. So it does seem she is the type to give a response.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I think that she responds to most, but is just swamped. I queried on 3/2/10 and just received a response (rejection) on 6/24/10. So, to anyone who queried in the last three months, you might just want to wait rather than duplicating your query and bogging her down more.

KaiaSonderby

The Little Aspie That Could
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aerodaydreams.livejournal.com
Thanks Hillary.

My previous rejection from Ms. Fox was a bit like yanking off a band-aid--painful, but at least it was over with fast. I was a little surprised this time around because everything I'd read gave me the impression she was always quick. But I do know she's swamped, I just wasn't sure what that meant.

And with the lack of response I'm getting lately, my poor fingernails can only take so much. Good to have something cleared up.