The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: BowTie Press / I-5 Publishing

Onlyifyouwanttowillyoufin daway-Enya inkkognito's Avatar

BowTie Press / I-5 Publishing

I'm not sure if this is the right place or if this should go on Bewares and Background Checks, but does anyone have any experience with Bowtie Press? I know they are affiliated with Bird Talk, Dog Fancy, et. al. I have a horse training-related book proposal, and since I recently sold to those two magazines and sold a ton of equine articles to Horse Illustrated in the late 1980s/early 1990s, I'm wondering if that would help my chances with them.

I did a search on the forums and didn't come up with anything helpful. Their submission guidelines are pretty clear, although they only list "Aquisitions Editor" instead of a name (I'll probably call them next week to see if I can get one), but I'd love to know about anyone's personal experience with them and if writing for the magazines makes them more kindly disposed towards you.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Triciawho's Avatar
    Reviving this...Not sure if it belongs here or if I should start a new thread in Bewares/Background Checks (sorry - feel free to move!)...

Just wanted to see if anyone has had any personal experience publishing a book with them? Any information about advances and print runs?

I have a non-fiction dog book that I'm considering submitting to them and/or Adams Media and just wanted to do my due diligence first.

Any updates would be helpful. Thanks!

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Moved from Nature Writing forum. Pub link: http://www.bowtiepress.com/bowtie/
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Banned
    BowTie is just down the street from me. They are very large and have excellent distribution. A friend of mine published a horse book with them, and they paid for her launch party. Mind you, it was about five or six years ago, but they are the real deal.

Acquired by I-5 Publishing in Feb '13. http://www.i5publishing.com/
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

In Dec. '14, Cat Fancy, etc. were "folded" into Catster, etc. (press release) (commentary)
    ICAO
    ---------