AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Knapp Talent & Literary (Richard Knapp)

Debut Urban Fantasy Author Starwise's Avatar

Knapp Talent & Literary (Richard Knapp)

Hello!

Anyone have information on sales, a client list, etc etc. on Richard Knapp of Knapp Talent and Literary LLC? He's an agent formerly with William Morris and ICM.

ICm and William Morris are both big time agencies. I can't find anything on his new agency, though. I'd suggest the Berwares and Background Check section. Someone there might know something about him.

Debut Urban Fantasy Author Starwise's Avatar

Richard Knapp Talent and Literary LLC

I was wondering if anyone has information about past clients, track record, anything like that, which agent he worked under at ICM, stuff like that, for one Richard Knapp. Thanks!

-Starwise

I heart Malamutes! :-) JerseyGirl1962's Avatar
    BTW, it's Knapp Talent and Literary LLC (hope that doesn't sound too nitpicky).

Here's the agency's Agent Query page:

http://www.agentquery.com/agent.aspx?agentid=678

Looks like he worked at ICM and William Morris before opening up his own shop this year.

Hmm...reps fantasy...I'll have to remember that when I start querying.

~Nancy
    Screw the new blog, I've resurrected my old blog: Writerly Stuff.

I twit, therefore I am?

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. ~Thomas Edison

It took me fifteen years to discover that I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous. ~Robert Benchley

I heart Malamutes! :-) JerseyGirl1962's Avatar
    Mods, there's also a thread on Knapp Literary (the agency as a whole). Should these 2 threads be merged?

Just wondering'.

~Nancy
    Screw the new blog, I've resurrected my old blog: Writerly Stuff.

I twit, therefore I am?

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. ~Thomas Edison

It took me fifteen years to discover that I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous. ~Robert Benchley

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Just wondering if anyone has had a reply from this agency. I queried on Aug. 6 but haven't heard anything. Thanks!

Steph

practical experience, FTW frandavea's Avatar
    Queried in June, then inquired about its status in September. Nothing so far.
    D.M. Anderson
    http://dmanderson.blogspot.com
    http://twitter.com/frandavea

Killer Cows (Echelon Press) - Paperback or kindle at www.amazon.com Ebook: www.fictionwise.com .
    Shaken (Echelon Press)
    With the Wicked (on submission)
    The Dark Ride - WIP

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Thanks for the reply. Just wondering how people word their query status emails. I have had a couple I checked on and basically said the original query date and thought I should resubmit. Most give you guidelines as to whether they only reply if interested or if you should re-query after a certain time period. But a few don't.

Steph

practical experience, FTW

Richard Knapp agency

When I found him as a possible agent, he was with the William Morris Agency. In Jan.2008 he opened his own agency. P&E doesn't have a $ next to his name but that could be because he is new in his agency. Has anyone here had any dealings with him? I went through the index here, but he is not listed yet. He represents memoirs but I wonder why he left William Morris, if anyone knows anything it would be appreciated....

Em.
    " OLDER CHICKS RULE"

What? I have a title? Julie Worth's Avatar
    He requested a partial in mid May of 08, and I haven't heard from him since. Seems no one has.

wow....
    " OLDER CHICKS RULE"

Is this agency still around? I can't seem to find any information at all...
    Blood in the Stars ~ paranormal romance, Aug 2013 from Soul Mate Publishing
    My Website

I finished my first book seventy-six years ago. I offered it to every publisher on the English-speaking earth I had ever heard of. Their refusals were unanimous: and it did not get into print until, fifty years later, publishers would publish anything that had my name on it ~ George Bernard Shaw

I queried him Jan 8th but have not heard anything. It appears he doesn't have a website but I found him at Agent Query. He was with ICM and William Morris before striking out on his own.

http://www.agentquery.com/agent.aspx?agentid=678
    " OLDER CHICKS RULE"

What? I have a title? Julie Worth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerita View Post
    He was with ICM and William Morris before striking out on his own.

Here's his linkedin page. According to that he was an assistant at ICM and a trainee at William Morris. And before that he was "principal" at Metropol Literary. A seemingly odd progression.

Writer Beware Goddess Absolute Sage victoriastrauss's Avatar
    Metropol? Uh oh.

Although I've gotten a number of reports about Metropol, and I don't ever recall his name being mentioned in connection with it.

- Victoria

He Got Ran Off.
    I queried him last October. Not a peep since.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    His AQ page is gone, and although he still lists KTL on his LinkedIn page, his primary title is "Bar Tender", so ....
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: