• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Blanche C. Gregory, Inc.

swpauthor

Registered
Reaction score
Hi. Anyone know anything about the Blanche C. Gregory Literary Agency? Thanks for any info.

MsGneiss

Registered
Reaction score
I am interested in querying this agency as well, and would like to find out if anybody has had any experience with them.

pandora_6666

Lost in the cyber jungle
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I am looking to query them too. I don't know any more than you guys, but I have at least heard of the "cat who..." books as well as the Rescuers of course, that they have posted in their clients. Don't know if this helps or not.

Last edited:

Neal

Registered
Reaction score
Blanche was my agent many years ago (I was her least famous client) & she was great. She passed away about 10 years ago & her long-time assistant look over the agency. I have not worked with her, but a recent email bounced back as undeliverable. I suspect the doors are closed...

nicolesingslave

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nicolesingslave.buzznet.com
I think they want queries / submissions via snail mail. Here's from their website:
--------------------------------------------------
To submit materials please mail the following:

* A brief synopsis of your book.
* A query letter describing your background.
* A self addressed stamped envelope.

Dear Author

Yep, still at it.
Registered
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has had recent dealings with them? They're listed in the 2011 GLA as seeking mostly established authors through referrals (but not closed to queries) and their website invites snail queries. Yet the only name I can find, Merry Gregory Pantano, is listed in QueryTracker as not accepting unsolicited queries (updated Dec '09). She's not in Agent Query or anywhere else I can find. Anyone have a hunch: Busy with big-time clients or closed for business?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
In Googling down the booklist page, I find that none of the living authors (who mention their agents) are still with BCG. Considering also that Ms. Gregory Pantano is busy with her Defend the Defenders org., I think it's a safe bet that the agency isn't pursuing new clients, and now exists primarily to manage the literary estates of late authors.

Dear Author

Yep, still at it.
Registered
Reaction score
In Googling down the booklist page, I find that none of the living authors (who mention their agents) are still with BCG. Considering also that Ms. Gregory Pantano is busy with her Defend the Defenders org., I think it's a safe bet that the agency isn't pursuing new clients, and now exists primarily to manage the literary estates of late authors.

Thank you - I think you're absolutely right. Turning my attention to more likely prospects...