The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Agency] Blanche C. Gregory, Inc.

[Agency] Blanche C. Gregory, Inc.

Hi. Anyone know anything about the Blanche C. Gregory Literary Agency? Thanks for any info.

I heart Malamutes! :-) JerseyGirl1962's Avatar
    Just adding their url: http://www.bcgliteraryagency.com/

~Nancy
    Screw the new blog, I've resurrected my old blog: Writerly Stuff.

I twit, therefore I am?

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. ~Thomas Edison

It took me fifteen years to discover that I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous. ~Robert Benchley

practical experience, FTW
    I am interested in querying this agency as well, and would like to find out if anybody has had any experience with them.

Lost in the cyber jungle pandora_6666's Avatar
    I am looking to query them too. I don't know any more than you guys, but I have at least heard of the "cat who..." books as well as the Rescuers of course, that they have posted in their clients. Don't know if this helps or not.
    Last edited by pandora_6666; 01-14-2009 at 12:22 PM.
    ~Do or do not... there is no try~

Shades of Gray - paranormal thriller - querying agents until I die :p

Alabama (working title) - paranormal humor - back in the swing for the mo :p - 29,124

Untitled - Dark YA that may never be finished - 18,600

But, instead or working I post on my MySpace blog :P

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Blanche was my agent many years ago (I was her least famous client) & she was great. She passed away about 10 years ago & her long-time assistant look over the agency. I have not worked with her, but a recent email bounced back as undeliverable. I suspect the doors are closed...

I think they want queries / submissions via snail mail. Here's from their website:
    --------------------------------------------------
    To submit materials please mail the following:

* A brief synopsis of your book.
    * A query letter describing your background.
    * A self addressed stamped envelope.

Wondering if anyone has had recent dealings with them? They're listed in the 2011 GLA as seeking mostly established authors through referrals (but not closed to queries) and their website invites snail queries. Yet the only name I can find, Merry Gregory Pantano, is listed in QueryTracker as not accepting unsolicited queries (updated Dec '09). She's not in Agent Query or anywhere else I can find. Anyone have a hunch: Busy with big-time clients or closed for business?

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    In Googling down the booklist page, I find that none of the living authors (who mention their agents) are still with BCG. Considering also that Ms. Gregory Pantano is busy with her Defend the Defenders org., I think it's a safe bet that the agency isn't pursuing new clients, and now exists primarily to manage the literary estates of late authors.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Quote Originally Posted by CaoPaux View Post
    In Googling down the booklist page, I find that none of the living authors (who mention their agents) are still with BCG. Considering also that Ms. Gregory Pantano is busy with her Defend the Defenders org., I think it's a safe bet that the agency isn't pursuing new clients, and now exists primarily to manage the literary estates of late authors.
    Thank you - I think you're absolutely right. Turning my attention to more likely prospects...