• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] RT Copyright LTD

muse74

Registered
Reaction score
This date I received an E-mail from:
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Radoslav Trenev
RT Copyright, LTD
Bulgaria

[/FONT]

Mr. Trenev stated he wished to represent my novels as a foreign sub-agent.

I found one US agent on Publisher's Market Place who listed them as a sub-agent but nothing else.
I anyone has heard good or bad please advise.
thanks!

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
Shouldn't your primary agent be dealing with all of this? (This, and the other matter relative to Romania you posted downforum.)

And if you don't have an agent, maybe talking with an agent who specializes in international subrights (like Chandler Crawford of the Crawford Agency, for instance) might be a good idea.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Here's a link: http://www.rtcopyright.com/

Not sure what to make of this agency. There's some apparently self-pubbed stuff, but it also seems to represent rights on behalf of some established independent presses. No indication of whether or not it's actually selling or licensing those rights, however--although it's a confusing website with lots of non-working links, so I may have missed it.

- Victoria

Last edited by a moderator:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
RTC’ clients are growing roster of rights holders, including publishers, literary agencies and individual authors, for whom we sell foreign rights on a commission basis. We only sign those who've been referred by mutual friend, existing client or an industry insider or as a result of our own research.
Sounds like a brokerage. Let's hope their "own research" isn't conducted via spam campaigns.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site's gone. Anyone hear from him recently?

LloydKramer123

Registered
Reaction score
I contacted Radoslav Trenev about book selling rights in Europe recently and he said he was not interested. Actually, I was not going to use him anyway because during the period in which I was waiting for his email reply, I discovered that he is not an honest person. He stole royalties from a publisher. See http://www.jupiterscientific.org/science/pr/RadoslavTrenevReport.html

I am posting this to help others who might be considering him.