The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Agency] RT Copyright LTD

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

[Agency] RT Copyright LTD

This date I received an E-mail from:
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Radoslav Trenev
    RT Copyright, LTD
    Bulgaria

[/FONT]

Mr. Trenev stated he wished to represent my novels as a foreign sub-agent.

I found one US agent on Publisher's Market Place who listed them as a sub-agent but nothing else.
    I anyone has heard good or bad please advise.
    thanks!

Shouldn't your primary agent be dealing with all of this? (This, and the other matter relative to Romania you posted downforum.)

And if you don't have an agent, maybe talking with an agent who specializes in international subrights (like Chandler Crawford of the Crawford Agency, for instance) might be a good idea.

Writer Beware Goddess Absolute Sage victoriastrauss's Avatar
    Here's a link: http://www.rtcopyright.com/

Not sure what to make of this agency. There's some apparently self-pubbed stuff, but it also seems to represent rights on behalf of some established independent presses. No indication of whether or not it's actually selling or licensing those rights, however--although it's a confusing website with lots of non-working links, so I may have missed it.

- Victoria
    Last edited by CaoPaux; 02-14-2013 at 07:23 AM. Reason: fix link glurp

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    RTC’ clients are growing roster of rights holders, including publishers, literary agencies and individual authors, for whom we sell foreign rights on a commission basis. We only sign those who've been referred by mutual friend, existing client or an industry insider or as a result of our own research.
    Sounds like a brokerage. Let's hope their "own research" isn't conducted via spam campaigns.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

His LinkedIn profile: http://bg.linkedin.com/in/radoslavtrenev

He's a sub-rights agent for Schiavone L.A., FWIW. (PM Page)
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

Site's gone. Anyone hear from him recently?
    ICAO
    ---------

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    I contacted Radoslav Trenev about book selling rights in Europe recently and he said he was not interested. Actually, I was not going to use him anyway because during the period in which I was waiting for his email reply, I discovered that he is not an honest person. He stole royalties from a publisher. See http://www.jupiterscientific.org/sci...nevReport.html

I am posting this to help others who might be considering him.