• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Black Lyon Publishing

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Is now open to non-fiction.

JustWonderin

Registered
Reaction score
I swear it didn't say that before because I was considering subbing to them.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
They responded within 15 days of my query and first three paragraphs in the body of the email. Ya, three paragraphs, not chapters. I've sent three chapters. I guess they can really fly through those first guideline subs. I sent them a paranormal romance. But I'm worried that my romance might not be heavy enough. We'll see.

Brenda Hill

Diva in Training
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brendahill.com
Update: Black Lyon responded this month with a request for the first three chapers, then the full manuscript, a paranormal/supernatural: From the Painted Tomb. Hooray!

As far as sales, one of their true crime books - Murder on Birchleaf Dr - is doing well on Amazon, great news for any publisher and author.

Last edited:

Brenda Hill

Diva in Training
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brendahill.com
I'm sorry about that, triceretops. With all your experience, I can't imagine why, but who knows what they look for? And thanks for the good wishes on mine.

Brenda Hill

Diva in Training
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brendahill.com
Yes, to those who have asked. Black Lyon offered a contract for my paranormal/supernatural romance.

"FROM THE PAINTED TOMB is set for release just before Halloween 2019, spanning Ancient Egypt to the timeless Appalachian Mountains."

A lonely, embittered newspaper reporter, an immortal Egyptian prince who hides his identity, and the shape-shifter that stalks them both.

Hooray! Yay!