What YA book are you reading RIGHT NOW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
I read half of The Summer I Turned Pretty, never got to finish the book because I was borrowing it from somebody and they wanted it back, so I think I just might buy it.

Drummer - Memoris of a Teenage Amnesiac sounds like a good book. I might have to check that out too. :)

And right now I'm reading Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles. I originally bought it because I love the cover and people kept telling me how good it was. I'm only a few pages in, and I'm in-love with. I guess I'll just have to give it time for it to grow on me.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm reading "Feed" by MT Anderson. So far it's even better than I expected. YA sci-fi FTW!

vfury

Hearts the furrily challenged.
Registered
Reaction score
Started the first Vampire Academy book last night. After seeing the latest one fly off the shelves at work, I figured I was missing out on something. I'm already 100 pages in. I kept thinking, 'Oh, I can stay up another half an hour... another ten minutes... okay, this is the last chapter... do I have to go to work tomorrow?'

So, yeah, I'm hooked. :)

vfury

Registered
Reaction score
V - That's how I was when I started reading VA. Awesome book. :) Wait to you get to the other books in the series....WOW.

Haha, I've already started calculating whether I can afford the rest of the series this week or not. I also checked to see if Last Sacrifice is being released in Ireland/UK at the same time as the US, and it is, thank god!

bleacher1099

Dystopian, it's what's for dinner.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
yupireadthat.com
Haha, I've already started calculating whether I can afford the rest of the series this week or not. I also checked to see if Last Sacrifice is being released in Ireland/UK at the same time as the US, and it is, thank god!

I read the entire series UTD in 3 days! Can't wait for Last Sacrifice to be released on December 7, 2010. It's the last one in the series!

poeticcrusader

Registered
Reaction score
I am currently beginning the Pendragon series, after many months of strong encouragement to do so by my girlfriend. So far it is good, though I am not so sure it is amazing like I was led to believe.

DonnaDuck

My Worlds Are Building
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.imaginewrite.net
I haven't read the books yet but I've been hearing that Miley Cyrus has been cast as the lead in the movie adaptation of Wake by Lisa McMann. I think I'm already NOT going to see it.

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
I'm reading The Fool's Girl by Celia Rees. It's a historical novel set in 1601 that draws on the story of Twelfth Night and has fantasy overtones. I'm really enjoying it.

MM

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
I'm nearing the end of Maureen Johnson's The Bermudez Triangle and I'm spotting the similarities with my own WIP Partings and Greetings and feeling a little inadequate as a result. :)

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't read the books yet but I've been hearing that Miley Cyrus has been cast as the lead in the movie adaptation of Wake by Lisa McMann. I think I'm already NOT going to see it.

If she is cast, I'm out too. Can't stand that girl.

I just finished Life As We Knew It. Not as great as I had hoped.

DrummerGirl

Capturing the Castle
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkcrush.blogspot.com
Just picked up The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
This is a little outside my usually genre, it's still YA but from what I can tell, it's just a straight up romance. No Vampires, or were's or fae here lol

I read that last week (?) I really liked it. Such a nice relaxing read :) I hope you like it :)

Started the first Vampire Academy book last night. After seeing the latest one fly off the shelves at work, I figured I was missing out on something. I'm already 100 pages in. I kept thinking, 'Oh, I can stay up another half an hour... another ten minutes... okay, this is the last chapter... do I have to go to work tomorrow?'

So, yeah, I'm hooked. :)

I've considered checking them out (library has them all). Am not really a YA vamp fan, but I am a fan of good books :D And I've heard they are great story regardless of the vampire genre.

I'm reading a book called Ondine. It's pretty cute - simple, but funny, haha :D

Oh, yeah, I liked that book. It was definitely different :)

Oh, poor Miley. I actually think she's pretty cute :) But I can;t imagine her being Janey in Wake? Seemes like a really odd choice to me. I do think she'd make a cool Laurel in Wings though (one of those generic disney-esque type tween things :))

Reread Everything Beautiful by Simmone Howell, and now I'm reading her first book, Notes from the Teenage Underground.

I just picked up Notes From the Teenage Underground too :)

PandaPolka

Registered
Reaction score
Just picked up Ironside by Holly Black today. :) Halfway and I still can't put it down.

Wavy_Blue

Adventure is out there!
Registered
Reaction score
Reading Geektastic: Stories from the Nerd Herd with short stories by Holly Black, Sara Zarr, Scott Westerfield, etc. This is totally my kind of book! :D

vfury

Registered
Reaction score
I've considered checking them out (library has them all). Am not really a YA vamp fan, but I am a fan of good books :D And I've heard they are great story regardless of the vampire genre.

I do like paranormal stuff, but I remember the first book came out here right when the Twilight effect was hitting full-force; I was too jaded by vampire books to give them much notice, though there was several customers who told me how much they enjoyed the series.

I'm glad I finally gave them a try. While their covers may not stand out, the story does. It's different enough from most of the paranormal I've read in the last year or so. :)

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
I've just finished The Bermudez Triangle and liked it a lot.

The last two Carnegie shortlistees still haven't arirved from Hampshire Library so I won't get to read the whole shortlist before the prize is awarded on the 24th. Next up is a beta-read (adult SF) which will probably take me the best part of two weeks as it's 165k words long. The author is a member of the same writers' group as me (and is on AW as well) - I liked her previous novel a lot so I am looking forward to this one.

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
DrummerGirl:
It's killing me, waiting for Stolen. It's in my lilvrary's catalogue, but not set for release until after the announcement of the YA book of the year (August). The librarians are reading it atm, and loving i

I think that Stolen is one of the best YA books I've read all year. It's up for the Branford Boase award and I've got my fingers crossed that it wins.

MM

Status
Not open for further replies.