Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbaraSheridan

*insert catchy phrase here*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbarasheridan.com
Has anyone read Blue Bloods by Melissa De La Cruz? Is it Gossip Girls for Vamps because I so do not want to read something like that?

I read that not long ago. I didn't care for it and had no desire to try the next in the series. It does have a bit of a Gossip Girls feel to it, to me anyway.

dreamwriter1888

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished reading GONE by Michael Grant and man, that was a good book. The ending wasn't too detailed, more of a quick wrap up (it's the first in a series) but it was good enough for me and left me hungering for the next book. Incase anyone hasn't heard of this book, it centers on this town where suddenly (from page 1) anyone over the age of 15 disappears. Then it takes some supernatural, LORD OF THE FLIES turns as the kids now have to take charge. I won't give anything else away, but I highly recommend it.

Now I'm about to read BERTAYED, the sequel to MARKED. I thought MARKED was alright, not horrible, but definetly not the best either (I only picked it and it's sequels up bc they were on sale for $3 each). I though the plot was pretty thin, a ton of descriptions of the new world, experiences, and characters (the good parts), but way too little plot development. Hopefully BETRAYED will be better.

Kats

Registered
Reaction score
I just finished Prom by Laurie Halse Anderson, it was okay but didn't really interest me. I'm currently reading the NightWorld books by L J Smith which have been rereleased. They're not as good as her Secret Circle books so far!

Next up is Uglies by Scott Westerfield - the series keeps coming up, I've heard good things about it (including in this thread!).

hlcorbin

cant stop the voices
Registered
Reaction score
I just started Blood and Chocolate and im beginning to understand why people were so disapointed with the movie....(love the book so far)

Viral

Incoherant author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.shiresu.net
GONE by Michael Grant
415YL5ZK4hL._SL500_BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg

So far I'm having trouble struggling through it... I'm about 100 pages in.

vfury

Hearts the furrily challenged.
Registered
Reaction score
I just started Blood and Chocolate and im beginning to understand why people were so disapointed with the movie....(love the book so far)

I love, love, love Blood and Chocolate! :D

I found a proof copy of Laurie Halse Anderson's Chains at work and may have lunged for it. I have a couple of other books to finish first, and then I'm starting it. I can't wait!

dreamwriter1888

Registered
Reaction score
GONE by Michael Grant
415YL5ZK4hL._SL500_BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg

So far I'm having trouble struggling through it... I'm about 100 pages in.

I don't have the book with me so I'm not too sure where you're at, but the beginning was a little slow for me, I remember, but I was also really excited to read the book (I loved the premise), and so I just kept reading away despite the bog. What really drew me in were (and I won't go into too much detail incase you haven't gotten to these parts yet--I really can't remember how much story is in the first 100 pages) when Caine and his group shows up, you see that LP and Sam aren't the only special ones, and the FAYZ gets more detailed and explained. As the story becomes more centered around Caine and Sam, the book also gets more intriguing, and any dislike I had of the beginning disappeared. Also, I mostly read the book a couple of chapters here and there (I was usually working), unless I just had to keep reading, and so that could be another reason the slow start didn't phase me too much.

dreamwriter1888

Registered
Reaction score
Also: Finished BETRAYED by P.C. Cast and I did like it more than MARKED, so much that I jumped right into CHOSEN, the third book in the series--which I finished yesterday. It's easily the best book of the 3 so far. In Chosen you really get a taste of the underlying plot of the whole series, and the author's also did a great job (I thought) of building their MC up to such a high status, only to break her down and screw up her life in the end. It really made me want to know what's next; why I'll be immediately picking up the fourth book when it comes out next month.

Now: I'm reading WICKED LOVELY by Melissa Marr. I'm only like 5 pages in, (it's getting harder to fit reading time into my schedule now that school has started back up), but so far I'm intrigued.

Kelsey

Book Slut
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kelseyscorneroftheworld.blogspot.com
I just finished the Twilight Saga. I tried not to get addicted....

I am now reading Chris Crutcher's Deadline. The book has been out awhile now, but I have an advanced reader's copy I had picked up awhile ago. Just goes to show you how tall the 'waiting to be read' pile beside my bed is:)

dreamwriter1888

Registered
Reaction score
Finished Wicked Lovely and really liked it. Now I'm taking a break between books, though the next one will be The Eyes Of A King. Hope it's good.

CommaSplice

Homework? What homework?
Registered
Reaction score
I'm reading "Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister", although I'm not sure it's YA. *shrugs*. Just started it, though, so I can't say much.

I see a lot of books up there ^^ that I love, though. Blood and Chocolate... Gone (Although that one is a little to close to my WIP to be comfortable).

CR.Casanova

Registered
Reaction score
I'm reading "The Truth about Forever", by Sarah Dessen.

I've had a fairly good impression on the book. It's not the best YA book I've read, but it's certainly a good read.

sharpierae

the UnID
Registered
Reaction score
I liked City of Ember and the sequel People of Sparks!... but I just finished the third one Prophet of Yonwood and REALLY didn't like it. :(

Kats

Registered
Reaction score
I just finished How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff - I loved it, very compelling. I'll check out her other books now.

I'm now rereading Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld, which is one of my favourite books.

Heather3

Registered
Reaction score
I am reading aloud to my son "The Lightning Thief" but the last one I read myself was "Breaking Dawn" by Stephenie Meyer. Sometimes, I think there is better YA than adult fiction out there. Seems to go in waves...

TWK

Registered
Reaction score
I just started Ellen Hopkins's IMPULSE. It's great so far.

Kasey Mackenzie

One Hit Wonder?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kaseymackenzie.com
Let's see. Over the past week I finished Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (not my favorite book ever but I really enjoyed it) and Frostbite by Richelle Mead (the second book in her Vampire Academy series), which I really loved. I haven't read Richelle's adult books yet, but I LOVE her VA books so far.

Provrb1810meggy

Registered
Reaction score
I'm 100 or so pages into Carmen Rodrigues's book, Not Anything. So far, it's really good. I like the short chapters a lot. Like the character too.

Status
Not open for further replies.