Not open for further replies.

DrummerGirl

Capturing the Castle
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkcrush.blogspot.com
I just finished: Inside the head of Gideon Rayburn -- Sarah Miller

I really liked the premise (the author just presents it, and doesnt try to have it make sense -- just as well, b/c it totally cant make sense, but it's an awesome premise all the same). It was cool as it's a boys POV, but told from the perspective of the girl that's in his mind.

She has some awesome lines in there, and loads of tension/comedy. I enjoyed it, but about halfway through it started to feel a bit too gossip girls/OC for my tastes :D Still, a humourous little read.

emma_kate

Registered
Reaction score
Finished the Dark Divine by Bree Despain!!! It was gorgeous, I loved it...especially how the childhood memories were incorporated and how Daniel and Grace discovered that they actually loved each other. Nawwwwww. I really enjoyed this one and Daniel is officially on my list of "fictional boys I'd love to date" LOL :D

DrummerGirl

Capturing the Castle
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkcrush.blogspot.com
Story Of A Girl -- Sara Zarr.

I initially found it a little hard to get into b/c I've just come out of a stint of reading some intensely paced novels, and this one isn't a fast-paced, tension-driven piece.

It's got its own groove and, once I settled into to it, I really liked it. It's written so simply but beautifully. It's heart-felt and ultimately moving.

Kats

Registered
Reaction score
Story Of A Girl -- Sara Zarr.

I initially found it a little hard to get into b/c I've just come out of a stint of reading some intensely paced novels, and this one isn't a fast-paced, tension-driven piece.

It's got its own groove and, once I settled into to it, I really liked it. It's written so simply but beautifully. It's heart-felt and ultimately moving.

I'm reading that one now! You're right, it's not the most fast-paced but I'm really enjoying its simplicity.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was kickin it old school this weekend and I read "Remember Me To Harold Square" by Paula Danziger. Very sweet and innocent by 21st century standards! Good story, though I wished it was longer. It was so short and innocent it almost could have been a MG novel, but there was a fair amount of making out, and parents talking about a mysterious concept known as "don't grow up too fast", which I think is 80s code for no sexytimes, horny teenagers!

DonnaDuck

My Worlds Are Building
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.imaginewrite.net
Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter. Loved the first one so I'm hoping this one lives up to those standards.

NiallMcF

work in progress
Registered
Reaction score
I'm reading interview with the vampire.

I've seen the film tonnes of times. I'm just at the end! Excellent book.
I read the vampire lestat years ago and wasn't mad about it. I think I'll move on from the ann rice saga for a while.
I have H.G Wells the time machine lined up next.

Leanan-Sidhe

leaving trails of fairy dust
Registered
Reaction score
Leviathan by Scott Westerfield just arrived in the mail. :hooray: It's such a gorgeous book. I cannot wait to get started on it.

veilwriter

Aspiring writer/AW newbie
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, I read Wake and really like it! Hoping to get Fade soon. Leviathan looked cool too. So many books to read!!

I just finished Kristin Cashore's Fire and LOVED it; it was just my kind of book - fantasy with great plot, world, and characters. Now I'm 60 pages into Pearl North's Libyrinth, which has a protagonist named Haly who can hear books speak. As a crazy bookworm named Hali, I think this book is very fitting for me. It's good so far; we'll see where it goes!

justarandomname47

Registered
Reaction score
just starting the Hunger Games-I know, I'm a little late, but it's taken me a while to decide that I want to read it.

DrummerGirl

Capturing the Castle
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkcrush.blogspot.com
I just read: Going Too Far -- Jennifer Echols.

I liked it a lot :) I read it in one go ( and pre-ordered another book of hers that will be released soon) :D Considering I haven't heard much about it, I was surprised by how good it was. Definitely recommending it if you're into kinda gritty romance with sexual tension :)

And, randomly, it's the second YA book I've read this week that has a cop as the love interest... (The other one being Stealing Heaven by Elizabeth Scott).

emma_kate

Registered
Reaction score
I just read: Going Too Far -- Jennifer Echols.

I liked it a lot :) I read it in one go ( and pre-ordered another book of hers that will be released soon) :D Considering I haven't heard much about it, I was surprised by how good it was. Definitely recommending it if you're into kinda gritty romance with sexual tension :)

And, randomly, it's the second YA book I've read this week that has a cop as the love interest... (The other one being Stealing Heaven by Elizabeth Scott).

This one is on my to-read/order list too! LOL, the more I read your posts the more I think our reading tastes are alike, LOL! ;)

Currently reading Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (I actually finished it 2 days ago...whoops). I thought Seth was an interesting character, Aislinn is AWESOME for her music tastes ;) ha ha ha, but I'm a Keenan lover. I dunno, he's just so complex and dreamy :)

I've just started Ink Exchange. I love Melissa's little bits and pieces...like her author bio and the authors note at the start of ink exchange. She sounds like a really cool person!

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished "Accidents of Nature" by Harriet McBride Johnson. Great book! I'm only sad that it was the only novel she wrote.

goddessofthehunt

Queen of inane tangents.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm reading the "Den of Shadows" quartet by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. It's four of her books in one. I've read two of the stories and they're pretty good.

deltay

Registered
Reaction score
I just finished Caragh O'Brien's Birthmarked, which was absolutely amazing, and I'm currently midway through Claudia Gray's Hourglass.

Status
Not open for further replies.